Bright coloured hair and extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumble Hair

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Got questions about my own hair rather than clients this time!

I currently have 18inch ish in blondes 18/22. I have this in tape and bonds and tiny tips as when I was learning I wanted to know what each method was like to wear! So I’ll colour one set of these.

Thinking about something like this -
IMG_2149.JPG
IMG_2148.JPG

However my extensionist and my hair dresser are not the same person [emoji31]
So in what order do I do this and with which extension method?

If I have the extensions done first and then have it all coloured it will all match nicely but the bit under the bonds won’t be coloured, if I have my hair and the extensions coloured separately I guess there is a chance they won’t match/blend perfectly.

I was thinking about doing it with tapes as as they’re quicker and easier to fit but I don’t knowwwww! [emoji85]
I thought tiny tips would be the worst idea as I’ve never seen copper rings in bright colours

Has anyone had any experience doing this and any advice please?

Thanks

Xx

I have used both methods. My preference is to dye the extensions separately, but i had my crazy colour order delayed one of the times so had to go and buy more so had to do all on the same day. So extensions in then dye everything together.
I still use the rings that would match clients own hair, the warm brown work the best discreetly.
If your extensionist and colourist are different. I would mean towards having the extensions in and then going to your hairdresser for the dye.
With the root stretches/balayage using the brights. Often moving about the different shades is needed.
Live that colour by the way x

Thank you! I’m not planning on having roots [emoji85] do you think it would work ok with tape ins if I had them pre installed? X

Thank you! I’m not planning on having roots [emoji85] do you think it would work ok with tape ins if I had them pre installed? X
Yes I'd say you can just not on the same day as those tapes will need a little while to get really secure and not risk peeling x

Latest posts

Back