bright glitter dust

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debbienailz

Reaction score
hi everyone
i am looking for a supplier of brightly coloured glitter dust to add to acrylic powder.i am particurlarly looking for fuschia pink and a turquoise .i had pink glitter delivered today from creative but it is not as deep a colour as i would like:sad: .thanks in advance
debbie

you should check out www.youngnails.com they have a ton of different glitters. i hear that they have a ton of new ones out now that aren't yet on their website. I'm sure you can call them up and ask about it.

debbienailz said:
hi everyone
i am looking for a supplier of brightly coloured glitter dust to add to acrylic powder.i am particurlarly looking for fuschia pink and a turquoise .i had pink glitter delivered today from creative but it is not as deep a colour as i would like:sad: .thanks in advance
debbie
Hey Debbie

I got a few pots at the show (Olympia) bright pink fushia, all neon type colours - they were from the NSI stand.

HTH's

You should try the Walk of Fame collection from E-Z Flow. They have 15 ready to use powders that need no mixing and they only need to be capped with pink or clear acrylic.

Have you tried any local craft suppliers and craft suppliers on the internet, I have purchased some lovelyfine glitter for using with my card making craft but i'm sure it would be ideal for mixing in the acrylic. It comes in many lovely colours and is very fine!!! :D

i also get mine from craft suppliers and also candlemaking suppliers, both are ultra fine glitters and i have had no problems at all with any of them, excuse the fuzzy pic.

Attachments

• glittercrop.jpg
    glittercrop.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 50
shropshiredawn said:
i also get mine from craft suppliers and also candlemaking suppliers, both are ultra fine glitters and i have had no problems at all with any of them, excuse the fuzzy pic.

hi sd

have you got the web add or tel?? of your suppliers??

Hi there everyone,

Without me sounding stoooopid, can anyone tell me how you mix the glitter dust with your powders, does it affect the way it cures, or anything, i have tried before to mix dust with powder, but it was before i converted to creative, and to be honest it was really dry. Do you have to put on a layer of pink acrylic, then glitter, then pink on top of that??
Any help would be great, thanks.

Michellexx

Hi

I just mix mine in a small pot usually 2 tip ends of powder to 1 of glitter or i use the twilight for a subtle shimmer!

I always test on a tip first.

hi all

thanks for all your help ...i have ordered from a craft supplier so i hope they will be ok ...can't wait to mix some really bright colours ...summer is on the way :D in reply to one posting .i always put a thin layer of acrylic ..pink or clear on first ...the coloured mix ...and then overlay with clear ...never mix more than two to one (2 powder to 1 glitter )and you shouldn't have any problems with dry mix:) .
thanks again
debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back