Bright purple help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi, I'm working on a level 5 base with 65% grey all over apart from the hairline which is 100%. My question is will 55/66 and 9% give me the lift I need for a bright purple?? I have been using 10/0and /66 special mix as don't want to darken it down too much. Any ideas would be welcome, thanks. X

You normally need to lift it to a 9/10, then tone before applying purple tint mix if you want to create a bright vibrant purple.

You normally need to lift it to a 9/10, then tone before applying purple tint mix if you want to create a bright vibrant purple.
Thank you, i have explained this to the client but sometimes they argue the impossible and I question myself and feel deflated. I work mobile so no one to help with decision making. [emoji37] Would you say lift to base 10 then 55/66 and 1.9 developer then?

Lift, then tone out the yellow before applying your chosen tint.
Otherwise the blue in the tint will mix with the yellow in the hair turning it grey/green. Not a good look!

Personally, I’m not keen on Wella purples as they’re too red based for me and end up looking a more warm burgundy purple rather than a cool blue purple.
Guy Tang has a good range of colours. His Dusty Lavender or Silver Pearl with a smidge of Midnight Blue or Midnight Violet make lovely purples. You’d need to practise on a swatch first to get the mix you want. You can buy them in Salon Services (I think?). I’m based in Ireland so not sure what’s sold in the UK.

Lift, then tone out the yellow before applying your chosen tint.
Otherwise the blue in the tint will mix with the yellow in the hair turning it grey/green. Not a good look!

Personally, I’m not keen on Wella purples as they’re too red based for me and end up looking a more warm burgundy purple rather than a cool blue purple.
Guy Tang has a good range of colours. His Dusty Lavender or Silver Pearl with a smidge of Midnight Blue or Midnight Violet make lovely purples. You’d need to practise on a swatch first to get the mix you want. You can buy them in Salon Services (I think?). I’m based in Ireland so not sure what’s sold in the UK.
Thankyou for your advice, really appreciate it [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back