Bright red that will fade to a honey?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandraSB

Reaction score
Hi everyone! A new client has come to me asking about a red that will fade to a nice honey colour - she had red highlights a few years ago back home in France and this is what they did, and the hairdresser told her at the time it will fade to ‘miel’, which is honey. She showed me some images and it was RED, like a level 7, bold, bright red. (she’s a 6 so not a lot of lift required)

In my experience reds tend to fade to a gross orangey colour, I wouldn’t describe it as honey! I’m primarily a Wella user. Anyone got any thoughts what the French guy might’ve used?!

Hi everyone! A new client has come to me asking about a red that will fade to a nice honey colour - she had red highlights a few years ago back home in France and this is what they did, and the hairdresser told her at the time it will fade to ‘miel’, which is honey. She showed me some images and it was RED, like a level 7, bold, bright red. (she’s a 6 so not a lot of lift required)

In my experience reds tend to fade to a gross orangey colour, I wouldn’t describe it as honey! I’m primarily a Wella user. Anyone got any thoughts what the French guy might’ve used?!
I'm guessing that because of the warmer climate it would have eventually been bleached by the sun?
If the base 6 is natural, I'd probably use a demi /quasi something like colour touch 77/44 with4% and it should fade nicely.
If you use a permanent tint with any kind of developer it will cause lift exposing orange.

Latest posts

Back