Bright red Wella 77/46?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jomo1977

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone help? I have a client who wants a really bright red/ violet like Wella 77/46 it’s a little dark red at the moment. Would you prelighten/ balayage parts to make it brighter or use 30/40 vol to lift it up ?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi,
Can anyone help? I have a client who wants a really bright red/ violet like Wella 77/46 it’s a little dark red at the moment. Would you prelighten/ balayage parts to make it brighter or use 30/40 vol to lift it up ?

Thanks in advance xx
Use Magma /44 it lifts and tones at the same time. Use 77/46+66/44 on the very root with either 30or 40 vol depending on how dark the natural base is, and then apply the magma to the M. L. E.
Tint doesn't lift tint generally. Your other option is mixing your formula with 10/0 and use this with 40vol on coloured hair. 10/0 is the only tint in Wells that will lift through tint. But to do this you will need to add extra tone too. It can be a little complicated.

Thank you ronray. Sorry I’ve not heard of magma? That’s great think I will do that.
Will it lift the ends enough? Also I guess you would apply on roots and then magma on MLE and try and blend the 2 colours ?

Thank you ronray. Sorry I’ve not heard of magma? That’s great think I will do that.
Will it lift the ends enough? Also I guess you would apply on roots and then magma on MLE and try and blend the 2 colours ?
Magma is fantastic especially the /44 if you can do a strand test? If you're worried, you could magma the coloured hair first and then after that's done, wash it off and do the roots? What base are you working with natural and tinted?

Thank you I’m working with a base of around 5/6 she said it’s too dark for her. She goes keep having to do roots as there is some greys but not a lot. She loves a really nice vibrant red

Latest posts

Back