Bright red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
My client has platinum blonde hair but it is not in good condition and doesnt hold colour, she has been a few bright colours and it fades really fast (she does it herself, I only cut her hair) she is now wanting to book in for a bright red colour with me and wants it not to fade quickly.
I was thinking of pre-pigmenting it first with a colour mousse? Opinions?

I suspect that she has unrealistic expectations and probably needs to grow out the damage first.
Her hair must be quite damaged and porous if it’s not holding colour and Red always fades quickly even on hair in good condition.
Maybe do a strand test then gently shampoo it in front of her to show it washing out?

I think you’ll need to be very firm and explain that you’re a hairdresser not a magician and no amount of professional salon products can repair severe damage. :confused:

Pre pig and then use a true semi / direct dye. Send her home with shampoo and conditioner and explain how hot water, styling tools and bad product won't help with keeping the colour.

Go for pre pigmenting and give her some knowlesge about dos and donts.

Pre pigmenting is must.

Latest posts

Back