Brisa & Calgel Questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazbar

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

At the moment I only do Creative L&P but have now reached the stage where I feel confident enough with that and would like to be able to offer my clients a gel service.

I have done my research and searched on the boards and decided on Brisa as a buff off gel and Calgel as a soak off gel.

My question if anyone can help me is this. Should I do the Brisa induction day first, which will supply me with the Brisa lamp which I know I will need, and then just do the one day conversion with Calgel which is a lot cheaper as they don't supply the lamp but have read that I would be able to cure Calgel in the Brisa lamp.(Please correct me if I am wrong).

Or, should I do the two day course with Calgel which includes the lamp AND the Brisa Induction and have two lamps.

I want to be able to offer both to cater to everyone but I really don't want to pay more than necessary. Do any Calgel geeks think it's better to do the 2 day course - is it a hard gel to master ?

Thanks in advance :)

Caz

I absolutely loved my 2 days and really felt that I benefitted from the extra day, I am gel trained.

I love having 2 lamps it makes my life so much easier, my 2nd lamp is a daylight one I got in Sally's but my Calgel one is brilliant because of the timers and it means I don't have to think with that hand:)

I agree with martigirl.Calgel can be applied so quickly it would be ideal to have two lamps.I haven't used Brisa but i am familiar with buff off gels and they are different in application,removal and performance so there is quite a lot to learn its definately best to have the two days with Calgel if you can.
With the two days you do get a very generous kit.

If you intend to do toes as well you'd need 2 lamps anyway in my opinion. I would not want to put my hands into a lamp toes had been in no matter how clean it was. Ive got a thing about that.
The Calgel training is fantastic, i enjoyed every min of it. Did you notice in this months Scratch (page 39) training is free this autumn?

If you intend to do toes as well you'd need 2 lamps anyway in my opinion. I would not want to put my hands into a lamp toes had been in no matter how clean it was. Ive got a thing about that.
The Calgel training is fantastic, i enjoyed every min of it. Did you notice in this months Scratch (page 39) training is free this autumn?

Hi there,

Just finished college and used Calgel but would like to learn more about it. How can I get hold of a copy of the Scratch mag, please, or to subscribe to it? Free training sounds great but depends on where it is I suppose. :cry:

Thankx a lot. :hug:

Hi,

Thanks everyone that's replied :hug:

Phoned Calgel today about the free training offer in Scratch and they are offering the 2 day course with a discount of £150 (the training cost) so I think I am going to do that as it seems to be a bargain lol !!

Does anyone know if they train in Kent??

I am hopeless at geography so I have no idea how far Kent is from anywhere however their HO is in Luton if that is anywhere near you:hug:

No not really that is London way and i am South East, will have to look at the web site
:)

I'm in Kent too and will have to go to the head office at Luton as that is the most southernly one they have.

I am going to try and get the train there on the Monday as the traffic will be awful and the station is only a couple of miles from their head office. It means going into London and back out again but should only take about an hour and a half.

hth

Latest posts

Back