brisa coloured gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
Hi

I may come across as sounding stupid but I need some help. I am trained in both gel and Liquid and Powder, I have been doing nails for a few years and do mainly liquid and powder as its the first thing I trained in and I am comfortable with it. I never came to grips with the gel but I do do an odd french on toes in the summer. I have recently bought the bold gels to use on myself at first but need a little help with some issues so can anyone answer the following questions and I am sorry if I am asking the obvious!!

• Firstly I want to mix the gels, they have sent a little pallet with them but how do I stop the gel from curing once it is mixed.
  • Has anyone any idea the amount I would need to mix i.e. those little spoons as would hate to get the right colour but not enough to do all my nails
  • On the colour wheel it mentions mixing black to make dark red, brown etc which are colours I would love to wear, but there is not a black gel so how do I make the red darker as it is too bright for me to wear as it is
  • Lastly is it ok to do a thin layer of liquid and powder then put some layers of gel colour over the top, just thought not only would this give strength but I could buff off the colour then rebalance the nail and apply a different colour.
Thanks for your time its much appreciated

Hi

I may come across as sounding stupid but I need some help. I am trained in both gel and Liquid and Powder, I have been doing nails for a few years and do mainly liquid and powder as its the first thing I trained in and I am comfortable with it. I never came to grips with the gel but I do do an odd french on toes in the summer. I have recently bought the bold gels to use on myself at first but need a little help with some issues so can anyone answer the following questions and I am sorry if I am asking the obvious!!
  • Firstly I want to mix the gels, they have sent a little pallet with them but how do I stop the gel from curing once it is mixed.
  • Has anyone any idea the amount I would need to mix i.e. those little spoons as would hate to get the right colour but not enough to do all my nails
  • On the colour wheel it mentions mixing black to make dark red, brown etc which are colours I would love to wear, but there is not a black gel so how do I make the red darker as it is too bright for me to wear as it is
  • Lastly is it ok to do a thin layer of liquid and powder then put some layers of gel colour over the top, just thought not only would this give strength but I could buff off the colour then rebalance the nail and apply a different colour.

Hi there! You don't need to worry about your gels curing as you mix them - only the UV lamp or direct sunlight wiill cure them.

Sorry don't know anything about mixing colours.... x

Hi

• Firstly I want to mix the gels, they have sent a little pallet with them but how do I stop the gel from curing once it is mixed. They will only cure if you put them in the UV lamp or under sunlight.
  • Has anyone any idea the amount I would need to mix i.e. those little spoons as would hate to get the right colour but not enough to do all my nails. It depends on what you are going to do with them: sculpt, polish, design? You could use little opaque jars and keep the mixed gels in there, so you can use them again another time.
  • On the colour wheel it mentions mixing black to make dark red, brown etc which are colours I would love to wear, but there is not a black gel so how do I make the red darker as it is too bright for me to wear as it is. You could use just a little bit of blue, but I usually mix it with black Stripe Rite.
  • Lastly is it ok to do a thin layer of liquid and powder then put some layers of gel colour over the top, just thought not only would this give strength but I could buff off the colour then rebalance the nail and apply a different colour. Why not use clear gel as a thin base layer?

HTH...

thanks for your replies, I have used clear gel on the nail I have practised on but just thought if I wanted more strength could I use acrylic instead.

Sorry but what is black stripe rite!

Hi

• Firstly I want to mix the gels, they have sent a little pallet with them but how do I stop the gel from curing once it is mixed. If you want to store it you will need a pot
  • Has anyone any idea the amount I would need to mix i.e. those little spoons as would hate to get the right colour but not enough to do all my nails I use the large end of a pushie - gave me more than enough to do 2 coats on my nails
  • On the colour wheel it mentions mixing black to make dark red, brown etc which are colours I would love to wear, but there is not a black gel so how do I make the red darker as it is too bright for me to wear as it is Try 2 parts purple to 1 part red and the other way round
  • Lastly is it ok to do a thin layer of liquid and powder then put some layers of gel colour over the top, just thought not only would this give strength but I could buff off the colour then rebalance the nail and apply a different colour. I have done this

Hope this helps:lol:

thanks for this, i have had a go by missing a tiny bit of blue with my red and got the desired colour my nails look really nice but when the light catches them I can see flaws but its my first go so I am sure it will get easier after doing acrylic for so long it just seems so sticky.

Dont often have time to come and geek but thanks for your help and I hope everyone has a fantastic christmas and new year

Latest posts

Back