Brisa finishing gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deni

Dinky Geek
Reaction score
Hi...
Not sure if anyone has asked this question before but i wondered is it possible to use the Brisa finishing gel on top of nail enamel on natural nails?
`

Hiya

I did the Brisa course on Wednesday this week and the trainer applied the finishing gloss straight over my enamel but it wiped away after we cured it, apparently its because it needs to bond to rough, scrub fresh or the inhibition layer (this wouldn't be on enamel) and not oils, but thinking about it, it must be possible somehow, as the trainer also did it onto another girl when she'd applied a gel nail, but thinking again i think she applied a coat of enamel on top of the inhibition layer, then the enamel, then the finishing gloss.

Hope this makes sense!!!

Jx.

Hi J !!!!
It was me who had the uv finishing gel over varnish. I think she said yours had come straight off cos the oils from your natural nail would have been present therefore it prevented the uv finishing gel from adhering.
My newly done brisa nail had been prepped and i think this is why it stayed on !!
Think this is right..........
xx

Gel cannot be applied over polish unless it has been on for about 8 hours first. If it is applied over polish the polish never dries.

You would NOT apply Brisa UV finishing Gloss over enamel.

CND does NOT say that you do it .... so you don't do it.

so we ALWAYS have to do things TOTALLY by the book do we ????
Well, I agree training shows you how to use the products correctly and states what it can and can't do but we all go off home after any training course and have a play around with the products.
I have a set of brisa nails on which I think r fab and I had a play around with varnish and the UV finishing gloss. On 2 fingers prior to putting the UV finishing gloss on I put some varnish on, let it dry as per normal then put a layer og gloss gel over the top and it set perfectly. I didn't let it set for 8 hours. I also have it over the top of my toes which are varnished.
I'm not arguing how any company would say to use their products, I'm just saying it's nice to have a play with the products to see how they can work for you.
I love the Brisa product but I also love to see how I can use it for me.
JMO................
xxx

Hi

When i did my Brisa training course at Salisbury they discussed just that, they advised that they have had people trying various things out and have fedback to them what works what doesnt so they can pass on info

They have had positive feedback re putting finishing gloss over Nail Polish so long as the nail polish was of a mat finish

kx

Debsidoo99 said:
so we ALWAYS have to do things TOTALLY by the book do we ????
Well, I agree training shows you how to use the products correctly and states what it can and can't do but we all go off home after any training course and have a play around with the products.
I have a set of brisa nails on which I think r fab and I had a play around with varnish and the UV finishing gloss. On 2 fingers prior to putting the UV finishing gloss on I put some varnish on, let it dry as per normal then put a layer og gloss gel over the top and it set perfectly. I didn't let it set for 8 hours. I also have it over the top of my toes which are varnished.
I'm not arguing how any company would say to use their products, I'm just saying it's nice to have a play with the products to see how they can work for you.
I love the Brisa product but I also love to see how I can use it for me.
JMO................
xxx

This is not something you will find being taught in a CND class. The reason being that, yes... technically it could work in certain circumstances (ie enamel is totally cured - a good 8 hours) but chances are, techs would have far more problems with applying it than not.

Personally, I find it bizzare to want to apply it over enamel. You would end up having to file it off on your clients return. Yes it could be a bonous for your nails... but thats what I would use Faze 2 for (heck of a lot cheaper too).

Hi...

The reason i asked if i can use the brisa finishing gel over nail enamel is because a new client has coloured gel applied to her nails and i don't do coloured gel...i am a new gel user and have only used brisa.

Rather than train and use another product i thought of the idea of coating the enamel with gel so that it lasts longer.

The lady is heavy on her hands and so varnish doesnt stay on (her words!)

i use Faze 2 and it does just the job!! its great you dont need to have a uv lamp to use it as it air dries so us L and P & Fabric# gals love it and as sam says heaps cheaper too!! :D im off to do my brisa conversion on the 15th June Cant wait!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back