Brisa Gel Advice Welcome!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie

Reaction score
:) Hi there

Not been on this site for LONG time as just started working again. Went on a Brisa course in June (previously used Balance and Bio Sculpture) and really LOVE working with it! I have had great results with it and getting lots of new clients by recommendation! However - got a couple of queries some of you Brisa people may be able to help me with.
1 When sculpting a really short nail what is the best way to mask the nail bed after extending it, (before the white smile line starts) as this gel system doesn't yet have an opaque gel?

2 Any helpful hints on using the white sculpting gel? I find it doesn't self level that well and don't seem to be able to get it as smooth as I would like.

3 I have one client who 'nibbles'. the first time I did her nails I did an overlay with French finish - looked brill. They stayed on without lifting until her first return appointment (2 weeks). She then came back 3 times in 2 weeks as she said they just kept coming off. Don't understand it. No damage to nailplate. I haven't had this problem with anyone else. One client is a hairdresser and has just come back from 2 weeks in the sun. Hers have been on four weeks without a problem. Could my problem client have an excessively oily nail plate or do you think she's fibbing about not nibbling?

Phew!! I know that's a lot but would love any input!!

COOKIE

Not been on this site for LONG time as just started working again. Went on a Brisa course in June (previously used Balance and Bio Sculpture) and really LOVE working with it! I have had great results with it and getting lots of new clients by recommendation! However - got a couple of queries some of you Brisa people may be able to help me with.
1 When sculpting a really short nail what is the best way to mask the nail bed after extending it, (before the white smile line starts) as this gel system doesn't yet have an opaque gel?

2 Any helpful hints on using the white sculpting gel? I find it doesn't self level that well and don't seem to be able to get it as smooth as I would like.

3 I have one client who 'nibbles'. the first time I did her nails I did an overlay with French finish - looked brill. They stayed on without lifting until her first return appointment (2 weeks). She then came back 3 times in 2 weeks as she said they just kept coming off. Don't understand it. No damage to nailplate. I haven't had this problem with anyone else. One client is a hairdresser and has just come back from 2 weeks in the sun. Hers have been on four weeks without a problem. Could my problem client have an excessively oily nail plate or do you think she's fibbing about not nibbling?

COOKIE
im sure that creative have brought out a flawless gel????? or was talking about it soon or maybe im thinking of something else??? look up liza smith on ere and pm her she will know or e mail sam gege or any of the big peeps in this world xxx emily xx

There are now coverage pinks available - if you find this is not opaque enough, mix a teeny bit of white into a bit of pink in a spare pot until you get the right colour.

Have you tried 'warming it' between the thighs b4 use? shouldnt need to in this weather though! i never liked the sculpting gel i prefer paint on white personally. if your used to the biosculpture white you may prefer this.

i'd say your client could be a nibbler (but then you'd see evidence) ! have you tried being SUPER thorough with her prep and liquid bonding one hand at a time then thin pink/clear all nails then move onto other hand?

COOKIE

amb x

Minkus thats fab advice there ... its ill try that my self im not all that clever with gel to be honest but i might have a go now u said about the white n pink mix xxx emily xx

Thanks for that. Will try adding a spot of white to make it opaque.

My prep for the nibbler has been perfect. The gel has stayed on her toes!!

Cookie
x:)

Latest posts

Back