Brisa gel application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
Many people, when new to Brisa, struggle to know the correct order for each step. I hope that this will help some of you to make the best of all your gels.

The Bonder layer

This is applied after you have prepped the nail and applied your liquid bond. It can be either the clear or pure pink (sheer) and must be thoroughly worked into the nail plate and tip. You should be working it in more than one direction and should feel the pull over the whole nail, it is not just floated on top. Don't forget to cap the free edges. Cure for 2 minutes

Tip coverage for french finish

Using sculpting gel
- This can be white or soft white sculpting gel if you are using clear tips. The sculpting whites are thicker than the others and respond well to stringing the smile line and then using the brush flat to fill in the rest of the tip. You may want to freeze for 10 seconds after each nail to maintain the shape whilst you work on the next finger. Don't forget to cap the free edges. Cure for 2 minutes

Using Paint on White (POW) gel - This too can be white or soft white. Apply to the tip and keeping a small amount of gel ahead of your brush push the gel into the smile line, with practise you can do this in one coat but you may want to add a thin coat if it looks at all uneven. If necessary you can swipe the smile line with a clean brush. You may want to freeze for 10 seconds after each nail to maintain the shape whilst you work on the next finger. Don't forget to cap the free edges. Cure each layer of POW for 2 minutes.

Covering Zones 2 & 3

This can be done using any of the sculpting gels:-
Clear or pure pink sheer (as used for the bonder layer)
Semi sheers in warm, neutral, or cool pink
Opaques in warm, neutral, or cool pink

These should be applied in thin layers and butted up to but not over zone 1 - Don't forget to cap the free edges. Cure each layer for 2 minutes

Any gap can be filled with clear sculpting gel though with practise and tilting the finger during application this should be minimal.

Building the apex

This should be done with clear sculpting gel. Don't forget to cap the free edges. Cure for 2 minutes

Refine the nail

Use Scrubfresh to remove the inhibition layer, shape using a 180 grit and remove all dust.

Applying colours

After refining the nail, using your colour of choice or a mix, apply using 2 thin coats as you would with polish, make sure that you keep zone 3 very thin. Don't forget to cap the free edges and cure each layer for 2 minutes, If you want a shimmer as well apply it now and cure for 2 minutes Now apply top gloss Don't forget to cap the free edges and cure each layer for 2 minutes. Use Scrubfresh to remove the inhibition layer

Applying shimmers

After refining the nail, follow the instructions for the colours, though one coat may be enough, cure each layer for 2 minutes, Now apply top gloss Don't forget to cap the free edges and cure each layer for 2 minutes. Use Scrubfresh to remove the inhibition layer

ENJOY !!!

Last edited:
Fab thank you Adele. Always useful to have this as a reference x

Oh Adele you make it sound all soooo simple lol

I can do this in my head but the nails are not telling that story lol

Great tutorial xx

Oh Adele you make it sound all soooo simple lol

I can do this in my head but the nails are not telling that story lol

Great tutorial xx

:):) Same here!!!

Great tutorial, very helpful, thanks!

great reference tool Adele well done !!