Brisa gel curing in pot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debs

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have.............
I have had a problem with my pink gel curing in the pot.........While its only partially cured around the edges of the pot, I`ve continued using what is left in the centre, is this likely to cause problems or should I not use it and get a new pot?

Sounds like you pot is being exposed to UV light. This may either be because it is close to your UV lamp with the lid off or by a window where sunlight is coming in. Keep the lid on as much as possible (to avoid contamination and light) and keep away from your lamp and sunlight.
Hope this helps
Marian

Thanks Marion, I am now extra vigilant with it now but I want to know if I can continue using the gel left in the pot that isn`t cured or will it be faulty now in some way

If it's not cured, you can use it! Remove the cured bit from the pot.

Thanks Gigi, I did try removing it from the pot to no avail so it may be difficult to get at the rest of the gel.
Its all a learning curve though isn`t it????????

After having my pot of pink part curing, I ordered another and have been so vigilant about the next one curing I`ve been almost manic about it.....but low and behold the same happened again.
Now while we all get paranoid thats its something we may have done, I do know the 2nd pot couldn`t possibly have been anything I`d done or not done.
Also the clear or white gel haven`t part cured which is also strange to me.
Today however, I received a 2nd pot of clear in the nick of time cos the other had just ran out, hows that for timing??????? But the 2nd time I opened the pot that too had part cured, surely I`m not the only one this has happened to!!!!!!!
Apart from working in complete darkness with it, how else am I supposed to do successful nails with a product that just keeps curing everytime its opened?

Debs said:
After having my pot of pink part curing, I ordered another and have been so vigilant about the next one curing I`ve been almost manic about it.....but low and behold the same happened again.
Now while we all get paranoid thats its something we may have done, I do know the 2nd pot couldn`t possibly have been anything I`d done or not done.
Also the clear or white gel haven`t part cured which is also strange to me.
Today however, I received a 2nd pot of clear in the nick of time cos the other had just ran out, hows that for timing??????? But the 2nd time I opened the pot that too had part cured, surely I`m not the only one this has happened to!!!!!!!
Apart from working in complete darkness with it, how else am I supposed to do successful nails with a product that just keeps curing everytime its opened?

Debbie, things don't happen without a reason. As you know I live in Spain where it is sunny and my pink sculpting gel has not cured or part cured in the pot and I do not work in the dark :biggrin: . Unfortunately unless I was standing over you while you work it is hard to help you. One thing is for sure, UV light is entering your gel.

are you using an ott light? Your table lamp or salon lighting may be to blame!

I`m not sitting in the window or under a lamp either, its strange that 2 pots of pink but not the clear, why not all of them cos nothing changes, and the other odd thing is I don`t have any problems at home with the products nor when I work mobile. I`m really pulling my hair out over it

have you looked at your salon lighting?

If the salon lighting was at fault then surely the other gels we use would cure too. Also that doens`t explain why the pink cured but not the clear and white, there just doesn`t seem to be a logical explanation for it but its costing money and stress and we`re almost ready to chuck it all out cos there isn`t any answers that make sense

Blimey this is a strange one..............Ok lets do some points of deduction...........
Ok white doesn't cure in the pot.............. you might find you spend less time using the white then the pink....... so the lid is off for shorter periods of time....
Clear doesn't cure in the pot but the pink does............... ok do you use the pink more then the clear.........
Does it cure just on one side in the pot or is there a complete covering of set gel on top????
If it is on just one side......... what is nearest to that side, including any ceiling light fittings, aiming a beam of light to that area where your pot is sitting.......Or a source of heat..............
As it doesn't happen at home or mobile, it has to be something in the salon nearest to you or aimed in the direction of the pot.........
Move the gel pot to a different place when using it..........well away from the UV light even the back of of the lamp ..............
You will have to check your steps one by one and see where this curing source is coming from..................

Another thought, is your table near any hair dressing equiptment, like the one that emits a purplelight for deep conditioning treatment and speeding up hair colourants and perms...................
Ok thats me all thought out now .........
So just check it all out, it has to be something there thats does this to your gel.................

Just some thought babe, dont dispair, we will get to the bottom of it xxxx eventually xxxxx

Hey Debs,

There cant be smoke without fire, and there cant be cured gel without UV light. Not even heat will polymerise it.
I am sure you will stumble accross something that is causing the exposure if you take a step back.

BTW: Good suggestions Ruth.

Just out of interest Debs - if this only happens in the salon, is it possible that someone else is messing with your stuff then you are not there.

I know this is a long shot LOL.

FingerNailFixer said:
are you using an ott light? Your table lamp or salon lighting may be to blame!
do daylight bulbs cause curing then ?

they can do if they emit UV light. Full spectrum, natural lights, and daylight bulbs generally emit enough UV light to cure UV gel products.

I honestly have tried to take a step back and see what can possibly be doing it but without a clue.
I use the clear more than the pink and I always use the gel from the same position so if it was any light directed at the pot then surely it would cure all of them not just the occasional pot.
And I`ll say again, when the pink first started curing, while I was waiting for another pot I used a different gel altogether and that didn`t cure. mmmmmm. I am more inclined to think I have some faulty pots of gel, I`m certainly past thinking its anything I`ve done as I`m having success with the products I use outside of the shop wherever I use it.
With all the other suggestions given to me the only alternative would be to load my brush and put lid back on in between each load but thats just not practical.

Just to let you know the exact same thing happened to me, however I was working near a window where natural light was entering, and although there was no direct sun it was pretty hot as Im in Spain. My pink fully cured and my white and clear only partially. I still use the rest of the white and clear and a new pot of pink in the same place in the window, but when not using it store it away from the window. Since then no probs. So, in my case it was definately the daylight that was causing the problem.

This seems odd to me if you haven`t changed anything but storing them away from window when not in use.
The heat isn`t supposed to cure them anyway and while lids are on I wouldn`t have thought it would make a difference where you stored them.
Its nice to see someone else having the same problems although no problems at all are always best still but I have found a way to work with it as I`ve said in another post

I've managed to cure both my pink and white (half of each) in their pots too :evil:

They were nowhere near the light - I was doing toe overlays in my lap, the lamp was on the floor and the gel on the dining room table beside me.

I was also nowhere near a window - at the other end of a 12' room from the windows

HOWEVER, I was sitting under about 12 halogen spot lights (directly under 2 of them over the dining table) so I am assuming that's what has cured them :sad:

Do you have those funky little halogen spot lights Debs could that be the problem? :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back