Brisa gel experienced users could you advise me on nno!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello, i have been looking for info on nno, i have only done toes (and tip and overlay)! and the results have been nice, can i just use brisa the same way on short finger nails. I have someone who wants a strong french that will last, she has nice nails with a little free edge, i thought i could just use brisa like polish as i do on the toes. I have watched the brisa video and it seems that you build an apex and shape like for a tip and overlay, is this needed or will they last just painted in thin layers, anyone had experience of this as i dont want to get it wrong! Its not laziness honest my client wants them to look as natural as possible, thanks.:)

You apply Brisa differently to fingernails than to toenails. You need to apply it 'text book fashion', ie making sure you do a base layer of gel etc, on a NNO it's advisable to use forms to make sure the free edge is totally capped (encased), if the nail isn't capped then you risk lifted product and/or potential chipping.

hth's a bit

You apply Brisa differently to fingernails than to toenails. You need to apply it 'text book fashion', ie making sure you do a base layer of gel etc, on a NNO it's advisable to use forms to make sure the free edge is totally capped (encased), if the nail isn't capped then you risk lifted product and/or potential chipping.

hth's a bit
Thanks Sandi, i wil give it a try .

If she has good nails you can do the Brisa Indestructable French. Which is basically like painting it on. You still do your normal prep & have to make sure you cap the FE.

whenever i have applied gel thin as like enamel i have had bad results....its just not thick enough to cope with knocks and bangs...the natural nail flexes and the gel just cracks....i always build the gel in zones 2 and 1 to twice the thickness of the natural nail. x

whenever i have applied gel thin as like enamel i have had bad results....its just not thick enough to cope with knocks and bangs...the natural nail flexes and the gel just cracks....i always build the gel in zones 2 and 1 to twice the thickness of the natural nail. x
Well i guess twice the thickness would be natural looking , do you shape with file before applying top coat then?

Yes i use a buff to final shape before applying the topgloss.

i do...prep

bonder layer
pink layer
POW
Clear over zones 2 and 1
buff
gloss

Yes i use a buff to final shape before applying the topgloss.

i do...prep

bonder layer
pink layer
POW
Clear over zones 2 and 1
buff
gloss
Thanks i will try it !

The problem with NNO's is the minor shrinkage with gels. Too thin usually = no capping and shrinkage from the edges. I think Sandi's suggestion was pretty sweet :)

Angie's suggestion of twice as thick in Zone 2 is also good, just make sure that you don't over-correct. Many peoples 'thin' is actually too 'thick' and can lead to problems.

HTHs!

The problem with NNO's is the minor shrinkage with gels. Too thin usually = no capping and shrinkage from the edges. I think Sandi's suggestion was pretty sweet :)

Angie's suggestion of twice as thick in Zone 2 is also good, just make sure that you don't over-correct. Many peoples 'thin' is actually too 'thick' and can lead to problems.

HTHs!
Cheers , i always cap the free edge when doing gel and probably work too thick after compensating from working too thin in the beginning! I havent got anyone who approves of thin enhancements yet (apart from my mum), they all associate thickness with strength! What are the problems from thick gels?:)

to thick can cause lifting/pocket lifting.

when i started doing NNO i assumed as my gel on toes where doing so well it would be fine...(i do gel on toes very thin)....what i hadn't realised was that toes don't wash up...grab washing or use seat belt...:lol:....thats when i began doing finger NNO's thicker... xx

my "i f m "have been flying out the door!!
i think the reason why is my newbies come, and have them done, and arent used to the strength of an overlay or an extension, so its basically like a french polish in gel,

then 3 weeks later i rebalance but im obviousely leaving product in stress area, then maintaining, so ,by then they are used to it and appreciate the extra strength ( without realising it)
and etc etc etc

when i started doing NNO i assumed as my gel on toes where doing so well it would be fine...(i do gel on toes very thin)....what i hadn't realised was that toes don't wash up...grab washing or use seat belt...:lol:....thats when i began doing finger NNO's thicker... xx
Thanks Angie! you are on my train of thought , i thought my toes are great why not do the same on fingers, as i am not as experienced as i would like in gel i am searching for others who have experienced it. So i will take it all on board and try building a bit of an apex and more thickness for strength, it just makes it more of a "false nail" for the client rather than just a stronger polish in my head , did you find this?:)

my "i f m "have been flying out the door!!
i think the reason why is my newbies come, and have them done, and arent used to the strength of an overlay or an extension, so its basically like a french polish in gel,

then 3 weeks later i rebalance but im obviousely leaving product in stress area, then maintaining, so ,by then they are used to it and appreciate the extra strength ( without realising it)
and etc etc etc

i agree 100%....i tend to talk my clients round to NNO if they have even a little free edge...the length grows at a natural pace so no walking round feeling like you cant do anything....they automatically look longer as the white gives a optical illusion...and after 2-3 infills they start moaning they are too long and want then took down...:lol:

i adore NNO's

Latest posts

Back