Brisa gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajb

Reaction score
i have recently done the gel course and am finding it ok doing the gels but am a little unsure of a few things and wondered if someone could help, i have a few questions.

can u use white tips? or shud i just keep practising my white gel till i get it right? or use the brush on white gel ? what do most people use

if someone is just havin an overlay do u need to build it up? or just keep it quite flat, and again brush on gel or pot gel?

there not lifting at the cuticle area but keep seperating and coming away form the tip end or free edge why is that?

do i need to do filing? or is the idea not to have to file?

and in fills, i did a lady other day and filed but u cud still see the old gel marks underneath the new gel, how do u stop that?

and also, i would like to do coloured gel but creative you have to mix your colours, does anyone find this easy or could i use another gel where is already mixed?

any feed back would b appreciated

thanks

can u use white tips? or shud i just keep practising my white gel till i get it right? or use the brush on white gel ? what do most people use

Yes you can use white tips but only with the sheer gels over the top.

People do both. Both solutions are good with great results. Personally I love the Sculpting white gel but keep your brush very parallell to the nail when using and you will find it easier to handle.

if someone is just havin an overlay do u need to build it up? or just keep it quite flat, and again brush on gel or pot gel?

You still need to build an apex even with a natural nail overlay if the nail requires strength anbd it gives a pretty shape. If the nail does not need strength then use -Shellac which is brilliant.

there not lifting at the cuticle area but keep seperating and coming away form the tip end or free edge why is that?

Because you are working a little too thin and the nail is more flexible than the gel. Go a little thicker so the free edge of the nail cannot bend.

do i need to do filing? or is the idea not to have to file?

You always need to do some finishing to get things perfect. It is amyth that gel needs no finishing.

and in fills, i did a lady other day and filed but u cud still see the old gel marks underneath the new gel, how do u stop that?

You must have a bit of lifting to be able to see lines under the infill. Solve your liftin problems with a 121 with an educator .. you shouldn't be having them.

and also, i would like to do coloured gel but creative you have to mix your colours, does anyone find this easy or could i use another gel where is already mixed?

I love mixing the colours myself, but you canuse any coloured gel over Brisa if you wish to.

any feed back would b appreciated

HTH

I totally agree with Geeg.

I don't use white tips with Brisa, because it's boring for me, I very rarely use sculpting white gel, I prefer to use white paint gel.

Although you may need to do some finishing, I don't file the gel, I apply the product in the way to minimize filing, because filing is a waste of time and product. Perfect practice makes it perfect, so keep practicing. I would rather spend more time applying the product evenly, than shuv it on and then file it to death:cry:

Never had any lifting with Brisa, proper prep, proper procedure, clean and serviced regularly Brisa lamp does it all.

All my designs in my brisa gallery are made with brisa colour gels. Possibilities are endless and you do not have to end up buying 135 small pots of colours that you may never use. You can mix anything from pastels to vitrail like colours. I love mixing, clients love it too. And you only need a little:lol:

I would never trade my Brisa for anything else in a million years :!:

Good luck:)

thanks for the feedback.

im not sure if its cos the nails are too thin as to why the gel is seperating from the tip i thought i was doing them quite thick, cud it b because im not capping them prop as it has happened on a natural overlay aswell, the gel just came away from the nail edge.

the infill, shud i have clipped out the old gel? as i filed it as best as i cud then when replaced the new gel over it you could see the lines from the old gel underneath

also cud someone explain again how you use the gels as in which gel you can put over which, eg, clear, pink, sheer, opaque, color

thanks

Really, Ajb, I'm feeling that you should know some of the answers to these questions if you trained with a CND educator for your Brisa Gels.

Salon geek is not here to give CLASSES OVER THE INTERNET.

I suggest you call Sweet Squared to sort out your problems with a 121 class with your educator. Some of your questions are very basic stuff that you should already know, or have in your course notes where you can find the answers and see images of the method. Of course you can always speak to your educator any time and get help that way too with one or two of your questions.

i know, im just desperate to get it right thats all, i had a few clients book for gels and just wanted to get it right so theyed come back, panicing a little, i am going 2 book a 1 2 1 course, im happy with my nails and think im doing a gud job really, just the seperating on the free edge thats all, and was confused when i asked if you could use white tips and you said yes if it was sheer, when i looked that is what im using but it seperated from the free edge,

anyway will book my 1 2 1 and hopefully that will clear everything up for me

Latest posts

Back