Brisa Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myself

Reaction score
Hello.

First I have to say that English is not my fist language so If Its hard to understand me just say so ;)

I bought Brisa Uv gel kit and struggling a bit with this. I've seen the video but, I do not understand the system completely. Do dont know if it's because of the language but I can not get it right and think the video is quite difficult to understand. I've normally been doing resin system and then go over to Brisa Gel system was certainly a challenge.

The first thing I do is prep the nails. Then I take the Brisa Bond and cure for 2 min. And then I take the Brisa Pink Sheer over the whole natural nail and tip and cure for 2 min. After this If I use transparent tip that I draw the smile line with the Brisa Paint Pure White and cure for 2 min. Here comes a problem. When I put on Brisa Sculpting Gels Clear then the white color of the tip is been dragged over the entire nail making white streaks across the nail. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

I usually do not file. Should this be done? If so when?

I also tend to put on Brisa Clear Building Gel as I would with nail polish because If I do work with It as showen on the video then i get bubbles. Any tips here ?

If I use any of the opaque color do i applay this over just the natural nail 1mm from the tip and cure for 2 min and then either take Pink Sheer or Clear gel over the whole nail and end It with Brisa Gloss ? Or do I take It all over the nail cure for 2 min and then draw the smile line and then put on clear building gel and end It with Brisa Gloss ? Can I replace clear building gel with sheer pink ?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Maybe I should just stick with resin nails.:eek:

I really think you need to get some training in this system to get the best out of it, and before you give up :)...are there no CND training academies near where you are?

Hehe oh yeah and thats why I try to get It right and practise alot before taking class in Brisa Gel so I dont look like a dumbass hehe. Wish they had training videos in other languages. Im used to work with powder so Brisa really kills me with all the information that messes up my head.

Now Im sure other have problems with Brisa and I found this video that was helpful : BRISA.

I find the original video to be a bit all over the place. This one from youtube show steps by step and only that.

See if this helps:
Working with Brisa Gel - YouTube

It is not about application but how to work with the gel, if you are used to liquid and powder just figuring out how to work the gel can be a challenge.

Thanks I will try that :D

Some say that you dont need to file using this system. But in the video I can see that she uses a 180 grit file after the building gel is cured and the sticky layer is removed and then she ends It with Brisa gloss.

To answer your first question, the paint on white gel is streaking because your UV lamp is not curing the gel. Brisa needs the CND lamp to cure it. I do not think you are using the CND lamp.

Second, get the training you need. I know it is available in Norway and no one looks like a dumb ass in a class. classes are for those who do not know how to use the system; if people knew how to use it, they would not need a class.

Third, welcome to the site. :biggrin:

No Im not but It cures the the pink and clear gel good. Its 36 w. But maybe I will buy the cnd one.

Of course but Its much more fun when you already kind of know what you are doing. It also costs less money If you know more in advanse. The less you know the more time and money you need to spend. I need the class anyways because of the diploma. I like to have that.

Thanks ;)

No Im not but It cures the the pink and clear gel good. Its 36 w. But maybe I will buy the cnd one.

Of course but Its much more fun when you already kind of know what you are doing. It also costs less money If you know more in advanse. The less you know the more time and money you need to spend. I need the class anyways because of the diploma. I like to have that.

Thanks ;)

What you say, proves my point. Your lamp is not strong enough to cure the white gel because it is opaque. And as you cannot tell if a product is fully cured by looking at it, I'm quite certain it is not fully curing the clear gel either.

In any case, it has been said about 2 million times :biggrin: "You need the CND UV Lamp to cure ALL CND UV-cured systems". And that information is true. You will encounter all sorts of problems if you do not use the most important part of the system.

Last edited:
How strong Is the UV lamp from CND ? If think Its because of the tip. I used a natural tip and can see now that I have to use a clear tip. I cant see the problem If cnd lamp Is 36 w and mine Is 36 w.

But If I use a white tip and sheer pink over that do I need to use clear building gel also or Is It enough with the sheer pink building gel and end It with the gloss ? Does this need filing ?

I see. I will try the CND lamp then.

Latest posts

Back