Brisa Gels take me so long!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creativemarie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me out, i recently did my training with Creative for doing Brisa gels and i love them but it takes me 2 hours to do a full set as all the curing slows down the process! I'm used to doing liquid and powder so this has really knocked me cos i'm so embarassed that they are taking so long. Does anyone have any idea if they are meant to take longer than l&p or no longer? I'm hoping your all gonna say they take longer as i wasn't even slow! Please help! Thanks everyone xxx :confused:

It takes me 2 hours for a full set of Brisa gels. I wouldnt worry yourself too much over this. More often than not it takes the same time for a rebalance too.
As long as im doing the job correctly, me and my clients are happy :)

Oh thanks hun i feel better now! I was really annoyed at myself today and thought i must get quicker with time! But i don't think there's any way i can do it quicker then 2 hours! What does everyone else think?

How long did it take you to get to the time you're at now with L&P? If you've only recently trained in gel, you can't expect to be at the same speed as a product you're experienced with.
It is possible to do a full set of gels in less time, but it will take practice.

Hiya ..x

How long did it take you to do L&P when you first learnt..?

You are learning a different application method and it will take time to pick it up and do it without thinking (almost) like you do with your L&P.

The curing isn't really an issue as while one hand is curing you are working on the other hand...only when I am doing my bonder layer and topgloss layer is the lamp still on with the other hand in when i have finished and have to wait...less than a minute though..

I am a relatively slow worker...i take 2 hours even now. But i am more than happy to work at this pace and never felt i needed speed up....i don't piggy back clients and i don't have a boss breathing down my neck ...:lol:

Don't worry x

OOH I do a set of Brisa gels the same speed as L&P-

Try curing 2 hands together, then thumbs. And don't overthink it! If you psych yourself out, it will be worse!

Don't forget to breathe- in a month or two it will flow just like your L&P does- I LOVE it, and prefer it in alot of ways :)

do you use 2 lamps?

A full set of gel sculpts prob takes me 1 hour 35 / to 1 hour 45

I shouldnt stress ! if your happy with the out come and the clients are thats all that matters:hug:

Dont fret about it hun I take 1 hour 45 to 2 hours for a set of Brisa.
I was worried like you but have decided that it is better to take your time and make a good job than rush and be unhappy with the result.
I have no complaints from my clients about the time it takes so if they are happy so am I.

I bought myself another lamp which does speeds things up a bit.
My rebalances normally take about the same time as a full set to.:hug:

Thanks geeks, much appreciated. I think i worry WAY too much! I only have one lamp so it is slower. L&p take me hour and a half but that took some time to get the time down too so hopefully i'll pick it up! I love brisa better then l&p now and have so many less problems with it. Has anyone heard about when the colour gels and shimmers are coming out in uk? I'm so excited!! xx:hug:

not sure but think i read that there are here already @ Sweet Squared

Hi hun, don't worry about it. I was like that, too. It takes awhile, you'll get faster, don't worry. Curing shouldn't be a problem since you work with the other hand while the other one cures.:hug:

Hiya, I found when I switched from doing l&p to starting with gel 6 years ago that it took me an extra half hour so don't worry, your timing will come down. Main thing is not to be tempted to play with the gel for too long when you apply it. I started a game, and that was applying the gel to all of one hand before the lamp went out on the other! I do it with ease now. I have only ever had one lamp and don't feel the need for two, but that's just me

Having 2 lamps is the ultimate luxury for a Gel user, but you can still work in a good time with only one.

When you have the routine down to a tee you will speed up.

I remember when I first started to use gel thinking, "blimey I could have a full set on done and dusted with my Retention+ in far less time ... who needs all this curing malarky" ... but now it takes the same amount time.

Latest posts

Back