Brisa gloss not very shiny

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma@TheLaurel

Reaction score
Just want to check I'm doing everything correctly. After finishing sculpting with brisa I then file, and apply brisa gloss then cure but it never looks really shiny. It does shine but not as glossy as it looks prior to curing. Any reason why?

I also having this same problem.
Curious to know what I'm doing wrong...

Am I correct in thinking we cure for 2 mins?

Yes after finish filing your Brisa scrubfresh over the nail to remove dust and debris, apply Brisa top gloss cure for 2 mins then remove inhibition layer with scrubfresh. But you must to this bit really well till the nail squeaks. If you leave any inhibition layer on it will look dull and pick up dust and dirt.
What lamps are you using and how many hours do they have left? It must be either the vintage Brisa lamp or the new CND lamp to completely and correctly cure.
Jen

Thanks Jen. Lamp CND with plenty of time left on it. I'll make sure I do the squeaky test. 😉 x

I've just bought a bottle of this and im having the same problem. I use it over L&P, im using the new cnd lamp but i have been using d-sperse to remove the tacky layer, i didnt know we could use scrubfresh for this. I will be trying scrubfresh tomorrow xxx

Scrubfresh for Brisa, dsperse for Shellac :biggrin:

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread. But, I was told by....we'll just call her a very reliable Geek... that ScrubFresh was only to be used on the natural nail, no enhancements, as it contains acetone. If that's the case, I would think using it on enhancments would dull the service. Could someone explain, please? :)

Yes you are right, Scrubfresh contains acetone, which is why we don't use it on Shellac

Brisa is not a soak off gel therefore the acetone in Scrubfresh will not harm or dull the shine of Brisa Gloss and is therefore the recommended inhibition layer remover.

Hope that helps

Yes you are right, Scrubfresh contains acetone, which is why we don't use it on Shellac

Brisa is not a soak off gel therefore the acetone in Scrubfresh will not harm or dull the shine of Brisa Gloss and is therefore the recommended inhibition layer remover.

Hope that helps
Oh didnt know that lol. So i would need to slightly buff the top coat off to break the seal before removal of L&P. Good job i haven't done a removal in a while since using Brisa top gloss....i would of been there a while! :lol:

Hope that helps

Makes perfect sense! Thanks. I'm not familiar with gels as I don't do them at all (yet.)

So i would need to slightly buff the top coat off to break the seal before removal of L&P. Good job i haven't done a removal in a while since using Brisa top gloss....i would of been there a while! :lol:

Yes you do, and yes you would lol.

Another useful tip:If you are using Shellac over Brisa you must apply Brisa Gloss and cure, but then go straight into your Shellac Colour without removing Brisa inhibition layer and no need for Shellac Basecoat. Saves time and product :biggrin:

Yes you do, and yes you would lol.

Another useful tip:If you are using Shellac over Brisa you must apply Brisa Gloss and cure, but then go straight into your Shellac Colour without removing Brisa inhibition layer and no need for Shellac Basecoat. Saves time and product :biggrin:

Ooo, how come you need Brisa Gloss when using Shellac on Brisa? I have been doing it without the gloss layer.

I found the same so tried NSI glaze n go. Fab mirror like shine and no sticky layer to remove! ;-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back