Brisa Heat Spike

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris2807

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I did a full set of Brisa enhancements on a work colleague last night. Not only did they take me an incredible amount of time but my lady kept getting the burning. What am I doing wrong? (these are the first proper set I have done since my induction)
Please forgive me if this question has already been answered, I am at work so I can't do a proper search.

Thanks in advance.

She might have sensitive nails... or, you might have applied the gel too thickly.

What was the condition of her natural nails before you applied the gel?

Her nails were pretty good to be honest Sandi, the only thing I will say about them is that she had shaped and filed them herself the week before and the were very smooth and shiny as she had bought a 3-in-1 file/buffe but apart from that they were ok.

When you first start working with gels, it can take some time to know how thickly you are working. It is much easier to see the thickness of the product when using L&P because you can see it in each zone. It is hard to see it with gel as you are working over the whole surface.

My best advice is to pick up less product on your brush next time.

Normally clients never feel any uncomfortable heat semsation with Brisa Gel as it is really quite a cool gel compared to most.

So as Sandi says, check the client's nails and if soft use thinner layers of gel and if not soft then use less product on your brush until you begin to understand the workings of the product with more experience.

Her nails were pretty good to be honest Sandi, the only thing I will say about them is that she had shaped and filed them herself the week before and the were very smooth and shiny as she had bought a 3-in-1 file/buffe but apart from that they were ok.

had she maybe OVERBUFFED them a bit? and then when you removed the shine during prep....and filed them a little more....they could be bordering on being OVERFILED!

Make sure your gel is nice and thin for this lady (and more layers), heat spike usually happens within the first 5 or so seconds so you could 'do the hand hokey cokey' ie 'in out' for the first 10 seconds then make sure you fully cure.

amb x

Thanks to everyone for all your replies; I will keep practising, although I have contacted Creative to see when their next skill building day is! I so want to be good at this.

Thanks once again x

Latest posts

Back