Brisa High Gloss Finishing Coat help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bittle3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having real problems with with this, I apply it at the end of my Gel application, I cure for 2 minutes, and upon wiping of with Desperse, it looks like iv missed bits, but when applying it, I make sure I have good coverage, but every time, it looks like I haven't covered all and have spots missing.

Why is this happening?

Thanks geeks

Sandie x

Hi, a few questions about your lamp:

Is it a CND or vintage Brisa lamp?
How many hours are left on the bulbs?
Is the inside of the lamp and its bulbs free from product?

This is called balding

As stated above check your lamps are clean and clear of cured product
And of course only use a CND lamp...

Balding is a form of shrinking that can happen with poor cure or, more likely one of these...

A) removing the inhibition layer from the previous coat - if you have done this and need to reshape the nail ensure you use a 180 grit file to keep the surface rough. If you go smoother it will not adhere well
B) applying the top coat too thinly - a very thin coat will pull away leaving patches that are not covered during the curing process. Brisa does shrunk, just far less than any other gel system...
C) if your top coat is old and no longer clear. If it looks murky then it will not cure cleanly as it has aged badly (sunlight or uv light affected) or contaminated with filings or it simply may be too old

The answer will be in one of these...

Hths

This is called balding

As stated above check your lamps are clean and clear of cured product
And of course only use a CND lamp...

Balding is a form of shrinking that can happen with poor cure or, more likely one of these...

A) removing the inhibition layer from the previous coat - if you have done this and need to reshape the nail ensure you use a 180 grit file to keep the surface rough. If you go smoother it will not adhere well
B) applying the top coat too thinly - a very thin coat will pull away leaving patches that are not covered during the curing process. Brisa does shrunk, just far less than any other gel system...
C) if your top coat is old and no longer clear. If it looks murky then it will not cure cleanly as it has aged badly (sunlight or uv light affected) or contaminated with filings or it simply may be too old

The answer will be in one of these...

Hths

Thanks, I'm thinking A...

Brand new lamps, brand new product so must be A

When this does happen, what can I do? Can I apply another coat?

Thanks x

Oh, and yes CND Lamps x

Make sure the surface has been finished with your 180 file and is evenly scratched all over it is also important that you do not touch the surface at all with your fingers and that it is dry. If you are brushing any dust off before adding the top coat, make sure the brush is a clean one.

Make sure the surface has been finished with your 180 file and is evenly scratched all over it is also important that you do not touch the surface at all with your fingers and that it is dry. If you are brushing any dust off before adding the top coat, make sure the brush is a clean one.

You've made my day Geeg,

I get so excited when you reply,

Thank you xx

You've made my day Geeg,

I get so excited when you reply,

Thank you xx

Our Gigi is a star and a wealth of information

If it does happen - yes you can do another layer (if you haven't removed the inhibition layer)
If you have then you will need to re-file to 180 grit, again ensuring a good adhesion to the surface..

Thanks guys

All taken on board, highly appreciated,

Have a good day

X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337845614.926182.jpg

I think this is appropriate for this site, lol. Hope you don't mind Gigi xxx

Latest posts

Back