Brisa Lite just fell off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
I did a set of sculpted extensions in bitten nails using brisa lite sculpting gel with hollywood shellac over.
All genuine CND products used & nails were pep'd correctly. I sculpted them to the tips of her fingers so they were a managable length. Half way through the treatment she admited she was a nail tech herself but just wanted to treat herself.
Now 3 days later they have just fell off after she had broken one!!
Obvisiousy I'm going to check for any damage to the nail plate from them being pulled off but I have a feeling my name is going to be dragged through the mud & I don't want this.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

as a nail tech herself, she should know that you know nails don't just fall off.
I get the impression that she might not really be a nail tech, maybe an aspiring one, seeing your procedure, and then trying to get money back.

Don't let it get you down. Have her back to see the condition of her nails and advise her as you would any other client. :)

Thing is she is well established in rooms In a salon! I keep getting back "they have all fell off"
I have explained I need to see her natural nails though x

I have just been sent a pic. There is bits if shellac around the cuticle area & just below the free edge the nail looks a bit white & the nails look red as if any damage has been buffed away

I would maybe say something like "as a nail tech, I'm sure that you're aware that with bitten nails products typically don't last very long. It will take dedication and time to get them healthy and to a point where your manicure lasts"

some thing like that

she should already know all of this. If she's a professional and still a nail bitter then perhaps she's a bit embarrassed that she picked it off, so trying to cover that up. I'm sure she makes sure to tell her clients NOT to do this

I must admit that usually I would be the first person to say nails just don't 'fall' off BUT I had this happen with BL Sculpting gel too! I had had them on a week then went to the toilet looked down and thought what's that on the floor and it was my nail! The next one fell off as I was gathering up my used couch roll after a client and it did literally just fall off :( I posted on here about it.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...lients-say-their-enhancements-popped-off.html

I had this with an l&p client she was obviously a nail biter as there was no lifting (she had 3 left on) and signs of damage to her natural nails

I must admit that usually I would be the first person to say nails just don't 'fall' off BUT I had this happen with BL Sculpting gel too! I had had them on a week then went to the toilet looked down and thought what's that on the floor and it was my nail! The next one fell off as I was gathering up my used couch roll after a client and it did literally just fall off :( I posted on here about it.
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...lients-say-their-enhancements-popped-off.html

Was there any signs if damage to your natural nail when it fell off? ?
I'm thinking if offering a free set of hard gel enhancments incase her naild are just not suited to brisa lite. I saw a client last night from 3 weeks ago who had brisa lite applied. She works in a livery yard & batters her nails & they were perfect apart from the 2 she broke when she was thrown off a horse last week! !

I have done 3 friends so far ( am not qualified yet in training - bad one though :( so am not charging ) and all 3 broke at least one in the first 3 days :( i am using brisa lite but i guess i really am doing something wrong :( never happens with l&p.. Is regular brisa gel more sturdy than brisa lite? Never used gels before so im not sure of the difference?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Its the only person who this has happened to. I did infils on a client on thurs which were 3 weeks old & she works with horses all day every day &had 2 broken nails, which happened when she was thrown off a horse!!

Latest posts

Back