Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel - forgotten top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellewopter

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had a bit of a mad moment today when doing a client :/ I did her usual service using Brisa Lite sculpting gel and painted with regular polish as she likes (with normal top coat) but I have just realised that I didn't use the Brisa top coat as I usually do. Now I am worrying what could end up going wrong!
I usually don't use it on any other clients as they mostly have Shellac and so I use that top coat.
Thanks all in advance. I have been searching for about an hour to find out but can't find anything :/

I don't think it will have a major detrimental effect, it's mostly for the shine rather than the structure I believe.

You might find the polish lasts longer as it doesn't have to adhere to a shiny surface.

Don't panic :D

Thank you! In my flap I didn't explain myself very clearly, I just wondered if it would affect the structure :lol:

I use Brisa lite smoothing gel and I was taught by CND that whatever is the final system (Brisa or Shellac or Vinylux) you should use that top coat. So if you were doing Brisa lite base coat, brisa lite smoothing gel, then putting vinylux on top then you would use vinylux top coat to finish off the service. So perhaps if you used a polish on top of the sculpting gel, you would have wiped off the sticky inhibition layer to polish so you should be okay with the regular topcoat for polish as far as I know.

Hi All,

Had a bit of a mad moment today when doing a client :/ I did her usual service using Brisa Lite sculpting gel and painted with regular polish as she likes (with normal top coat) but I have just realised that I didn't use the Brisa top coat as I usually do. Now I am worrying what could end up going wrong!

I usually don't use it on any other clients as they mostly have Shellac and so I use that top coat.

Thanks all in advance. I have been searching for about an hour to find out but can't find anything :/

I've done that when my BL topcoat went thick before new one arrived ... It was fine. Dont worry x

Latest posts

Back