Brisa Lite smoothing gel under Shellac top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectly polished

Reaction score
would you happen to know if using brisa lite smoothing gel between shellac colour coat and shellac top coat would extend the wear?obviously i wouldnt also put it under the shellac base coat.
i can imagine it would give the shellac a more smooth glass-like appearance.
im asking, as i know that you can use the artistic colour gloss correcteion gel ideally under the artistic base coat, or between the colour coat and top coat and both work well.

Hello,
I was taught that you must use brisa or shellac as a system. Whatever is on top you use that system's top coat. So you would normally apply brisa lite base coat then brisa lite gel then shellac then shellac top coat. If you do it any other way you would be sandwiching different systems and would not be certain of the layers curing correctly and may have a service break down. I wouldn't want to try that on a client because who knows if it would last and what would happen? It may all flake off.

You need to apply Brisa Lite Smoothing under your Shellac colour, this smooths the appearance of the nail so you shouldn't need to then smooth it further.

I do know how to use bris lite system and yes, I know that the you finish the polish off with top coat of that same brand.I also know it smoothes out the nail when applied under the shellac.
But im having issues with it lasting.I was told its probably too thick but im almost scrubbing it on.what is ur opinion on me doing the following.
1:pep
2:shellac base coat
3:shellac colour coat x 2
4:brisa lite smoothing gel
5:brisa lite top coat

Or I can apply shellac top coat before I apply brisa lite smoothing gel and brisa lite top coat.

That's not how either system has been designed to work. In order to get the best out of your products you need to use them correctly, as given in the manufacturers instructions. If you're having trouble with either your CND Shellac or Smoothing Gel lasting then I suggest you attend one of the classes. The educator will demonstrate application, and also check that yours is correct and go through any trouble shooting with you.
Courses

I stopped using the smoothing gel because the Brisa lite sculpting gel.in clear is stronger, can be applied as thin as necessary, and is self leveling to a degree. It's wonderful.
And I'm really confused, the smoothing gel goes on under the Shellac, you use the top coat after the color as normal... they are made to be layered base, smoothing, (color if desired), topcoat. There is no reason to have 2 different topcoats. I found that the Brisa base coat is better than the Shellac base coat all the way around..

Last edited:
Yes nailmadic is right.
Brisa lite base coat
Smoothing
Color 2 coats
Regular shellac top coat.

If u don't want to put color then apply brisa lite top coat.

Yes nailmadic is right.
Brisa lite base coat
Smoothing
Color 2 coats
Regular shellac top coat.

If u don't want to put color then apply brisa lite top coat.

To b clear,I know the correct way to apply it,im just cuipus if anyone has tried it under theotop coat like u can do with artistic correction gel

Latest posts

Back