Brisa Lite Smoothing PEP query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Looking forward to having a play with my new Brisa Lite Smoothing gel :D Can think of 2 or 3 clients this will benefit.

The question I have is this... I have always understood the Shellac preparation to be a dry one. However, when I watched the video by CND for BL Smooth by Jan Arnold, it demonstrates a wet preparation, obviously still following PEP but using Cuticle Away and Cool Blue. I though the idea for Shellac was to not get the nail wet in any way and her video states that this method is the same for both Shellac and BL Smooth.

Any ideas?

CND protocol for PEP is exactly as you described. The 'dry' refers to the fact no soaking or saturation of the nails is required, not that no liquid is used, hence the use of Cuticle Away for thorough non living tissue removal.

Hope that helps x

Looking forward to having a play with my new Brisa Lite Smoothing gel :D Can think of 2 or 3 clients this will benefit.

The question I have is this... I have always understood the Shellac preparation to be a dry one. However, when I watched the video by CND for BL Smooth by Jan Arnold, it demonstrates a wet preparation, obviously still following PEP but using Cuticle Away and Cool Blue. I though the idea for Shellac was to not get the nail wet in any way and her video states that this method is the same for both Shellac and BL Smooth.

Any ideas?

You're right the dry pep was exactly what was originally taught with shellac. Cnd suddenly changed it when Brisa light came out and now say a dry pep is just not soaking the nails.

You're right the dry pep was exactly what was originally taught with shellac. Cnd suddenly changed it when Brisa light came out and now say a dry pep is just not soaking the nails.

I was originally taught dry PEP with Shellac too in April 2010 .
In 2012 I was told that the accepted CND protocol was to use cuticle away with each and every CND service.
BL was launched in 2013 long after CND had made this change.

Mrs.Clooney maybe some of the vid's are that bit older and just haven't been updated but I believe that cuticle away is to be used as I said at every service.
Don't forget to neutralise cuticle away with water and thoroughly dry before proceeding with your service.

Thanks everyone for our quick responses. Much clearer now x

Latest posts

Back