Brisa Lite vs Bio Sculpture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickybio

Reaction score
hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice and shine some light on this for me!
I have been using bio for the last 8 years but just recently I am having more problems with chipping and lifting. also the price to buy the products is getting silly.
I've been looking in to Brisa lite sculpting gel, and it sounds really good. I'd love to know if any of you guys have tried or are using it and how you are finding it? As its a soak off gel does it make it less strong for sculptures?
I'm so confused what to do! I don't know whether to start gradually converting over to CND.
Any advice or opinions would be muchly appreciated on this subject.
Thanks xoxo

I've just heard they're discontinuing Brisa Lite :( I'm going to try Skyscraper gel (the people who make Gel 2) as an alternative as it's also soakable and apparently stronger than Brisa Lite xx

I use bio sculpture - I wouldn't even bother with Brisa lite - I too thought it would be better and cheaper cost but it just didn't work, my clients are bio loyal (ive not had any problems with lifting etc) but obviously depends what your clients are doing with their nails/hands. I trained in brisa lite too [emoji4]

As you probably already know, Bio Sculpture has a phenomenal range of colours in their soak off gel system, and more than any other system I've seen.

I agree it's expensive though, but at the same time, have never had any troubles with chipping or lifting.

I have also had a lot of chipping and lifting lately from the free edge and it's most clients, I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong. It's driving me crazy as I have been doing bio for years.

Have you got to the bottom of why yours have been lifting? Or does anybody have any suggestions to what I am doing wrong please?

X

I 'm also struggling with bio lately. Converted from Calgel to Bio about 3 years ago and LOVED it. My clients only came in every 3-4 weeks some even 6 weeks and their nails looked great. But since middle of last year I've really started to struggle with it. Still using the same technique, but the gel just wont stay on more than 2 weeks. Even my clients are confused. I've tried everything but I just cant get the same results out of Bio anymore.
I'm thinking to convert to either Brisa lite or Gelish hard gel. Any advice?

I 'm also struggling with bio lately. Converted from Calgel to Bio about 3 years ago and LOVED it. My clients only came in every 3-4 weeks some even 6 weeks and their nails looked great. But since middle of last year I've really started to struggle with it. Still using the same technique, but the gel just wont stay on more than 2 weeks. Even my clients are confused. I've tried everything but I just cant get the same results out of Bio anymore.
I'm thinking to convert to either Brisa lite or Gelish hard gel. Any advice?

Brisa lite has been discontinued, so you'll have great problems finding them should you decide to invest in them
Either go with Brisa or Gelish hard gel, but both these systems are hard gels, not soak off

Norren suggested an interesting way if you only want a soak off gel. Give a look here, post #4
http://www.salongeek.com/threads/cnd-brisa-lite.304178/#post-2515596

Thanks, for your advice! If I may ask to do a little survey to get some advice on which gel system would be best for my needs:
I'm just looking for a gel (hard or soak off) that would last on thin, peeling,weak nails for at least 3-4 weeks before doing infill, without having to do a thick unnatural looking application. I don't like to soak every 3 weeks so usually just do a infill and most off my clients also prefer it that way because they say their nails get so brittle and dry when soaking. I rarely do soak off and just to do a infill every time with a thin application, so it must be a gel that don't peel or lift on weak nails. Most off my clients just overlay on their natural nail (I only do sculpting or tips when they broke a nail).
I would like a long lasting, thin but, very durable gel (especially for clients with difficult nails) for natural nail overlay but it must also be durable enough when used over tips or sculptures.
I would really appreciate your input!

I use CND in all systems, and also use Gelish as a 2nd soak-off gel for thin brittle nails, because Shellac doesn't last well on those.
I haven't tried Gelish hard gel to be honest, but there are many posts around here that you can search to find what you need.

Thanks, for your advice! If I may ask to do a little survey to get some advice on which gel system would be best for my needs:
I'm just looking for a gel (hard or soak off) that would last on thin, peeling,weak nails for at least 3-4 weeks before doing infill, without having to do a thick unnatural looking application. I don't like to soak every 3 weeks so usually just do a infill and most off my clients also prefer it that way because they say their nails get so brittle and dry when soaking. I rarely do soak off and just to do a infill every time with a thin application, so it must be a gel that don't peel or lift on weak nails. Most off my clients just overlay on their natural nail (I only do sculpting or tips when they broke a nail).
I would like a long lasting, thin but, very durable gel (especially for clients with difficult nails) for natural nail overlay but it must also be durable enough when used over tips or sculptures.
I would really appreciate your input!

Try CND Brisa Sculpting Gel. It has superior strength due to its IPN Technology that is unique to CND.

IPN is interpenetrating polymer networks, which means not only does the product polymerise side by side like regular gels but it also interweaves all over creating a strong mesh like structure.

You can create thin, strong and durable enhancements thanks to this technology!

Thank you, really appreciate the advice!
I think CND sounds like the gel for me. Definitely going to give it a try...

have you thought about InkLondon.... they do soak off gel polish but their Ijel is amazing.... I've had no problems with it at all.... I have the Milk... Pink Glass... Camoflage clear and the white tip.... thay are all fab.... for tips and sculpting.... but the best thing about IL is the price..... the products are on par with other brands but very inexpensive..... I still love my IBD tho..... but I use both brands x

No I haven't heard about InkLondon yet. I'm in South Africa and not all systems are available here, which makes it so difficult to try out then.
But I'll definitely check it out- thanks!

Hi lelaine! I hve recently tried the new secrets soak off gel from nsi. I've currently got a Set of sculptures on tht I did nearly 5 weeks ago with one infill done. It hasn't budged or lifted! I've also been looking into a brand called the gel bottle.. It looks good with an amazing choice of colours and a very reasonable price.
I'm just very disappointed in bio at the moment and I think the prices are extortionate, especially when it's not lasting.xx

Latest posts

Back