Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please excuse this probably quite silly question from some one who as yet doesn't do enhancements. If you were using brisa lite to sculpt then add shellac colour on top, could you just sculpt with the clear gel? X

Yes this is what is advised x

Happy Good Friday Geeks

I had my first paying client on Tuesday for BL Sculpting Gel over nail tips & Gelish. She txt on Thursday saying 1 had popped so went to hers today to repair it but when i arrived at hers, 3 had come off, so I repaired them.
When I first receive a product I always try on myself first. Mine has lasted nearly 2 weeks so I honestly don't know what went wrong. I did ask if she had been harder on her nails, she said no.
But anyways, I was just finishing up and suddenly thought, OMG I can't remember if I applied the BL base coat. I was so down at the fact 3 of her nails had popped so I know my head wasn't where it should have been. Now I'm panicking that there going to fall off again.
I know there's nothing I can do at the moment and will have to wait and see if they do or don't but she is a new client and don't want to get a bad name.
Sorry for the rant lol:( xx

Brisa lite should be applied very very thinly for a gel - a bit more like a shellac colour coat. If it is popping off look how thickly you are applying it if its not the base coat. Hth

Brisa lite should be applied very very thinly for a gel - a bit more like a shellac colour coat. If it is popping off look how thickly you are applying it if its not the base coat. Hth

No, only the BL SMOOTHING GEL needs to be applied thinly like Shellac.

The Brisa light SCULPTING GEL is not applied like Shellac it should be applied and structured like any other enhancement gel and needs to be as thick as the client needs .. in the right places!

This is true for the smoothing gel but the sculpting needs to be built with an apex to give the enhancement proper strength x

Must have been typing at the same time as Geeg :)

No, only the BL SMOOTIUNG GEL needs to be applied thinly.

The Brisa light SCULPTING GEL is applied like any other enhancement gel and needs to be as thick as the client needs .. in the right places!

This time I applied 2 layers of the gel but Im honestly racking my brains trying to remember if I did or didn't do base coat. Oh well only time will tell. x

Sorry total read that post wrong thought it said smoothing not sculpting!

Sorry ment to say that the smoothing gel is to be applied thinly more like shellac NOT sculpting, just to clear that up.

This maybe on the wrong forum but ive lost track of what goes where :-/ A client posted this on my fb wall earlier...great feedback from BL if your still pondering about investing...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364589020.132469.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364589020.132469.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have a client who adores shellac but even tho Im fully trained, use all the correct products and brisa lite smoothing gel, she is still getting chipping due to peeling nails. I must add that when I started her nails 2 months ago she couldn't grow them at all but she now has a decent length free edge. Should I go for brisa lite sculpting to give the natural nail a bit more strength. Im assuming that the peeling is causing the nails to flex a lot and subsequently losing the shellac. I know its not a product problem or without sounding over confident a problem im causing but simply delamination. She also uses solar oil. I didn't want to jump to sculpting gel unnecessarily. thank you xxxxx

Hi

I have a client who adores shellac but even tho Im fully trained, use all the correct products and brisa lite smoothing gel, she is still getting chipping due to peeling nails. I must add that when I started her nails 2 months ago she couldn't grow them at all but she now has a decent length free edge. Should I go for brisa lite sculpting to give the natural nail a bit more strength. Im assuming that the peeling is causing the nails to flex a lot and subsequently losing the shellac. I know its not a product problem or without sounding over confident a problem im causing but simply delamination. She also uses solar oil. I didn't want to jump to sculpting gel unnecessarily. thank you xxxxx

It's not a big leap to use the Brisa Lite sculpting gel for a client who needs it. Now it seems your client has managed to gain some length where she had none before ... perhaps she shouldn't 'push it' and keep her nails a realistic length for her lifestyle .. or go to BL sculpting gel for continued long length.

It's not a big leap to use the Brisa Lite sculpting gel for a client who needs it. Now it seems your client has managed to gain some length where she had none before ... perhaps she shouldn't 'push it' and keep her nails a realistic length for her lifestyle .. or go to BL sculpting gel for continued long length.

See even easter weekend you are here to help up geeg hugs to you.
She ADORES her shellac nails and I think for a short time I will allow her the small luxury of length and go for the sculpting. Im training with Liza Smith on friday 5th :wink2: god so excited another certificate to my name. So a trial on her would be good. To be fair she isn't wearing them exhorbitantly long but obviously in comparison to what she did have there is more length there.

Thanks again and enjoy your easter, not to many eggs tho :biggrin: xxxxxx

Wow just used Brisa Lite sculpting gel over a tip on myself for the first time , have fallen in love! Also removed it with CND nourishing remover and wow came off easily and my nail looks fab! :) x

Hi

Can someone advise what the consistency of the BL White should be? i have watched the CND video tutorials and their white seemed quite runnyish, whereas mine is very thick, it has been kept at room temp too.

Thanks

Hi

Can someone advise what the consistency of the BL White should be? i have watched the CND video tutorials and their white seemed quite runnyish, whereas mine is very thick, it has been kept at room temp too.

Thanks
No it is not runnyish in any way ... Quite the opposite. It is easy to handle but like most whites it is stiffer than the pink or clear. It's the way YOU 'hover' that makes all the inference and that makes it look easy. I love working with it .. Find it very manoeuvrable and easy to place. Sign up for a class if you need help ... One is always inspired and empowered after a class. X

Iv been on training for brisa lite sculpting but we didn't fully go over rebalancing. I have a client booked in for a rebalance for her acrylics and I will be doing with brisa lite could someone let me know step by step for rebalancing?

Also done a few sets of brisa lite sculpting and everything seems to be going okay apart from some corners keep breaking off. Will this be down to the apex or over filing the free edge? It's literally at one corner of the free edge!

Iv been on training for brisa lite sculpting but we didn't fully go over rebalancing. I have a client booked in for a rebalance for her acrylics and I will be doing with brisa lite could someone let me know step by step for rebalancing?

Also done a few sets of brisa lite sculpting and everything seems to be going okay apart from some corners keep breaking off. Will this be down to the apex or over filing the free edge? It's literally at one corner of the free edge!

I think perhaps you should spend a few minutes to think this through yourself ... This is really not difficult is it? Perhaps have a think and then let us know if you have a specific question. You are a nail technician, I'm sure you can work this very simple process out.

Okay so I would reduce length if client wanted and de-bulk by 50% and wipe with d.sperse(or scrub fresh?). Apply CA just a re growth area and remove any cuticle and deactivate with soapy water. Then just scrub fresh the natural nail? (What about any dirt for filings from the gel/acrylic already on their nail?
Then re apply gel.

As for the corners coming off is that due to not making them thick enough or the apex?

Oh and base coat, just base coat the natural nail?

Okay so I would reduce length if client wanted and de-bulk by 50% and wipe with d.sperse(or scrub fresh?). Apply CA just a re growth area and remove any cuticle and deactivate with soapy water. Then just scrub fresh the natural nail? (What about any dirt for filings from the gel/acrylic already on their nail?
Then re apply gel.

As for the corners coming off is that due to not making them thick enough or the apex?

You can use Scrub Fresh over the whole nail if it is L&P on the nail.

You would use the BL Base Coat over the whole nail.

If your corners are breaking it is because they are too thin ... Nothing to do with the apex if that is strong and in the right place.

I am wondering why you are not just doing a complete removal of old product before applying the new? There will be an imbalance, due to one product being harder than the other ... I hope that does not cause problems for you. Personally I do not like sandwiches of different products .... For the sake of 20 minutes to do a complete removal and start afresh I can't see the point of all that filing and all that dust, just to make a sandwich of products instead of giving your client the real thing complete and in a system?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back