Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've looked but probably not hard enough....how long does it take to actually soak Brisa Lite off?

I've looked but probably not hard enough....how long does it take to actually soak Brisa Lite off?
We'll know more once the educators have done their update training so we'll get the answer to this then. We know as much as they do at this point :)

Fingertips openday is 10th and 17th Feb. Guess who'll be having a cheeky wee drive to Edinburgh then? :D

We'll know more once the educators have done their update training so we'll get the answer to this then. We know as much as they do at this point :)

Fingertips openday is 10th and 17th Feb. Guess who'll be having a cheeky wee drive to Edinburgh then? :D

Linzi, just to let you know, you need to book a time slot for this, you can't just turn up. Ring the Fingertips Centre and book a slot with them.

The industry source in the US is offering both systems for sell. I am thinking about purchasing....

That's exactly it, it might be different for all of you geeks across the pond but here in Canada (more specifically the province im in) you have to have a nail enhancement certificate :(

That's a good thing, because this IS an enhancement product. ;)

Holly (fingernail fixer) is slowly revealing the details to us...
I understand US official launch is 1 February (although some distributors have jumped the gun and made it available) and it will be available in the UK by pro beauty if not before!

#cndworldsummit info - Brisa Lite = no filing of natural nail Smoothing gel 15 min soak off sculpting gel soak off 30 minutes

Brisa Lite basic step by steps:
PEP the nails
Apply Brisa Lite base coat in a thin layer, cure 10 second
Apply Smoothing Gel as if it were polish, thin and smooth, cure 2 min
Apply Brisa Lite top coat, cure 2 min
Remove top film with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (or Dsperse in the UK)

Brisa Lite basic step by steps with Shellac:
PEP the nails
Apply Brisa Lite base coat in a thin layer, cure 10 second
Apply Smoothing Gel as if it were polish, thin and smooth, cure 2 min
Apply Shellac color, cure 2 min
Apply Shellac second layer of color, cure 2 min
Apply Shellac top coat, cure 2 min
Remove top film with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (or Dsperse in the UK)

Last edited:
Ok, now that holly has posted the instructions, I can confess that I have had my kit for a week. I was asked not to talk about it until the EA's could get their training.
I have never (35+ years) used gels and was very nervous about this new product. Not because of its performance, but because of my ability. Well, let me tell you, it couldn't be easier!! Self levels so well there no "working" the product, it just lays right down where it needs to go. The timing, if putting Shellac over it isn't very different, just one more coat is all. You're already doing your PEP, so you use a different base, then the BL, then go on with your Shellac application.
My super excited....you guys are going tonLOVE it!

Holly (fingernail fixer) is slowly revealing the details to us...
I understand US official launch is 1 February (although some distributors have jumped the gun and made it available) no word on UK launch date yet ....

Actually there has been word on the UK launch. Perhaps you haven't seen the right posts?

We will have it to demo at the show, and if our order has arrived before then it will be on the website for immediate sale which could possibly be before the show.

Not sure why all the negativity in your posts this morning Syncage but we are all excited and looking forward to the arrival with baited breath. :lol:

Last edited:
Can you put a tip on with this?

Can you put a tip on with this?

Brisa Lite has 2 different soak off gels in the system NOT just one.

Brisa Lite soak off Smoothing Gel is for extra strength under Shellac for those who may need it ...

Brisa Lite soak off Sculpting Gel is for enhancing Nails so for strength and length and can be used with or without a tip extension. This has already been explained in this thread.

There is nothing to stop you from doing a short extension using a tip and ONLY Shellac ... I do it to mine if I break a nail so there would be nothing stopping you trying a short extension and a tip using the smoothing gel ... your risk as to whether or not it will be enough strength for your individual client.

Last edited:
Ok, now that holly has posted the instructions, I can confess that I have had my kit for a week. I was asked not to talk about it until the EA's could get their training.
I have never (35+ years) used gels and was very nervous about this new product. Not because of its performance, but because of my ability. Well, let me tell you, it couldn't be easier!! Self levels so well there no "working" the product, it just lays right down where it needs to go. The timing, if putting Shellac over it isn't very different, just one more coat is all. You're already doing your PEP, so you use a different base, then the BL, then go on with your Shellac application.
My super excited....you guys are going tonLOVE it!

Susan is describing Brisa Lite SMOOTHING gel in this post.

There is also a Brisa Lite soak off SCULPTING gel which is for enhancing nails with length and strength.

Not sure why all the negativity in your posts this morning Syncage but we are all excited and looking forward to the arrival with baited breath. :lol:

no negativity in my posts - at least not intended and I'm not sure which bit you could have read it?? Let me know (pm) and I'm happy to edit it as I am pro-CND/ Sweet Squared and nothing but excited about new products and changes coming.

I have seen the posts on the brisa lite at pro-beauty but as you say we don't know exactly when it will arrive + may be available for sale before then. I don't know if you have seen my previous post on this but I'm away on my honeymoon for 3 weeks the day before pro-beauty so I'm desperate for brisa lite to be released before the 23rd but whether it is or it isn't I'm still excited!

This has answered all my shellac dreams! I am so so happy and excited, for myself I needed to use several layers of shellac or use mani q gel to give strength to my bendy nails. With my allergies I only trust CND products and I just cannot wait for this!!!

I only do and only wish to do natural nails, so this is amazing!

I have ordered mine from my Atlanta distributor and it should be here tomorrow. I cannot WAIT! I ordered the sculpting one first. Next week I will get the smoothing.

I am so..... EXCITED!!! :) ;)

I'm really looking forward to the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I have several clients whose nails are so flawed with valleys and divots that even Shellac cannot mask them. There are also those clients who need a little bit more strength with their Shellac. And not to mention those repairs....

Oh thank you CND Gods!

I'm really looking forward to the Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. I have several clients whose nails are so flawed with valleys and divots that even Shellac cannot mask them. There are also those clients who need a little bit more strength with their Shellac. And not to mention those repairs....

Oh thank you CND Gods!
If you get it before I do, Tammie, I warn you ... I am going to be seriously jealous! If Samantha does not bring it home with her at the weekend then she will be in serious trouble. I may not return her child to her!

If you get it before I do, Tammie, I warn you ... I am going to be seriously jealous! If Samantha does not bring it home with her at the weekend then she will be in serious trouble. I may not return her child to her!

Hahaha! I can picture this... and hear the insults thrown back and forth (affectionately, of course). You guys are funny. xx
PS - As a gel-lover, I will likely rugby tackle whoever I first encounter who has Brisa Lite! ;)

I completed my CND Shellac training yesterday and am so pleased with the colour varieties & just the general appearance of the bottles etc, purchased from s2 so managed 2 get my spin rack & gorgeous colour chart/display! I felt a tad disheartened 2 learn that it won't suit all my existing clients in terms of strength for some of them who have naturally weak/flakey nails. I previously have been using gellux which I have loved-my reason for change was colour choice, popularity & the support & science that comes with CND! I managed 2 master my removal of gellux so haven't had 2 many issues over the last year!
After reading through this post I must say knowing CND are producing what sounds 2 b another amazing product I cannot wait 2 finish getting all my colours knowing that for the clients with weaker nails I can put an overlay underneath! I'm attending pro beauty this year, just hope I get there in time 2 sneak a peak of what were all in for :) xx

Gigi I will happily help you hold Dexter hostage in exchange for Brisa Lite!!

Latest posts

Back