Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I read on SG that its okay to infill another system with Brisa Lite? That way if there's damage underneath the old acrylic/gel it's best to just infill rather than remove?

Also I don't do acrylic and could not buff off within 20mins

I thought I read on SG that its okay to infill another system with Brisa Lite? That way if there's damage underneath the old acrylic/gel it's best to just infill rather than remove?

Also I don't do acrylic and could not buff off within 20mins

You soak acrylic off hun x

Sorry to soak off acrylic would take me longer than 20mins as I would have to de bulk them by filing then soak them off.

Also some clients wouldn't want to pay the extra for having it removed and a whole new set of extensions rather than just a rebalance.

Sorry to soak off acrylic would take me longer than 20mins as I would have to de bulk them by filing then soak them off.

Also some clients wouldn't want to pay the extra for having it removed and a whole new set of extensions rather than just a rebalance.

Up to you then hun. As Gigi said, it's possible to do.

Just won't get the full effect and look of the lovely BL :D xxx

Thank you. She decided to go with shellac lobster roll over the top and was really pleased. She is a hairdressing client an was going into town so now she's coming to me and her mum also!

Thank you. She decided to go with shellac lobster roll over the top and was really pleased. She is a hairdressing client an was going into town so now she's coming to me and her mum also!

Woohoo! Well done :) xxx

Can you put brisa smoothing over shellac? Or just under it ? Can't see why not but just thought I'd ask.

Can you put brisa smoothing over shellac? Or just under it ? Can't see why not but just thought I'd ask.

Why would you want to? What would be your reasoning just out of interest?

It's designed to go under Shellac, so the client can get that little bit extra wear out of it, with the bonus of smoothing out any ridges etc. x

Why would you want to? What would be your reasoning just out of interest?

It's designed to go under Shellac, so the client can get that little bit extra wear out of it, with the bonus of smoothing out any ridges etc. x

I was wanting to use it to imbed some things that don't lay flat on the nail (example metallic discs below) over shellac colors. So I was curious if this would change the wearability of the Shellac. I don't c y it would but I know Shellac is a bit ticky due to it being a hybrid. Just wanna b sure im doing the right thing for my clients. :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371573926.537375.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371573926.537375.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 128
I was wanting to use it to imbed some things that don't lay flat on the nail (example metallic discs below) over shellac colors. So I was curious if this would change the wearability of the Shellac. I don't c y it would but I know Shellac is a bit ticky due to it being a hybrid. Just wanna b sure im doing the right thing for my clients. :)

Unique tips hi there! We would not recommend putting BRISA Lite Smoothing Gel over CND Shellac as it is designed to partner with it and go UNDER. What I would suggest is if you want to embed, do it in the Shellac top coat and add another layer of top coat over... Cure for 2 mins per coat!!! ;)

Unique tips hi there! We would not recommend putting BRISA Lite Smoothing Gel over CND Shellac as it is designed to partner with it and go UNDER. What I would suggest is if you want to embed, do it in the Shellac top coat and add another layer of top coat over... Cure for 2 mins per coat!!! ;)

Hello mrs geek!!! Thank You so much for responding to my post! My only problem is two coats of topcoat sometimes does not make the art application completely smooth. And I have some pickers! So do you really advise not to put this the Brisa gel on top of shellac? Even if I finish with shellac topcoat?

Hello mrs geek!!! Thank You so much for responding to my post! My only problem is two coats of topcoat sometimes does not make the art application completely smooth. And I have some pickers! So do you really advise not to put this the Brisa gel on top of shellac? Even if I finish with shellac topcoat?

Ok, to physically apply Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel over Shellac, is the complete wrong way to do it and will cause problems to the Shellac. To finish with Shellac top coat over Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel is also incorrect as whatever system you FINISH with you must use THAT top coat, so if you just use Brisa Lite Smoothing gel you must finish with BL Top Coat. if you use BLS Gel and then add Shellac over it... You must finish with CND Shellac TOP coat because that was the last system you finished with. Why don't you try playing with BL only and miss out Shellac and see how that works!!!

What you could do is apply the bits your wanting to embed in smoothing gel do all your pep etc base smoothing gel add your bits in maybe even sculpting gel if you really want it smooth but remember its going to take longer to remove!
Then I'm guessing you want it coloured that why you want to put smoothing gel over shellac?
If you then paint over your design then before curing you could carve out where your embedded nail art is! So it's Smooth but you can still see your deign :)
Another option would be to use sculpting gel and to custom mix a colour using your white sculpting gel and additive :)

Latest posts

Back