Brisa...need some help - your top tips please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a little TLC

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I did my Brisa conversion a few weeks back and am struggling with french NNO as its coming away from the free edge, sometimes chipping and pining off!

Did a set of tips and they were a complete disaster...the client thought they were fab but they didn't have much staying power!

I know it's must be my application and I have a couple of models coming in for some much needed practice this week - so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tina x

Ok are you scrub freshing really really well? Like really getting in there and also making sure you scrub fresh the free edge? And lightly removing shine in downward strokes? And are you capping the free edge and sidewalls properly and then seal all the edges well with Brisa gloss. And for nails not pinging off then perfect prep is key!! remove all that cuticle thoroughly and scrub fresh well!

Also have your clients followed the correct aftercare? You may be doing just fine but have clients that just don't take care of their nails and abuse them or are their nails weak , thin or damaged and would actually get on better long term with L&P. Don't be too hard onyourself you are using a Fab product and you will get there. The penny is only just starting to drop for me and i still get off days but Brisa has sorted a lot of the problems I was having xx

i would say def capping and scrubfreshing under the nail sounds like it may be your problem. give the entire nail a good scrub with scrub fresh and then wipe under the free edge, you may find its oils or debris thats causing your lifting.

xx

Thanks for the replies..

After my first set on NNO I realised that capping well was crucial so will be extra vigilant with that!
Following prep as per instruction but I will definatley be super thorough and get under that free edge with my model and see how it goes.

Am desperate for some good results as I have a few client that will benefit soo much from Brisa!

Ellebelle what after care advice do you give to Brias clients?

if it's an issue you're having NNO then I'm assuming you're using the white Paint and not the white sculpting gel. If so then I find it easier, with better results, to do the french tip with 2 super thin layers rather than one thicker. You could try that along with the other great tips you've already gotten :)

I had this problem when I first started with Brisa, and was advised by my EA to apply a very thin coat of clear gel first, then the pink and white.

Doing this made a huge difference for me and most of my Brisa clients now go 4 weeks between rebalances with no lifting or problems :)

Thanks EmJZ, I will try that with the paint - does make sense :D

Brilliant tip Pure..thank you!

I will be doing all of the above and will let you know how it goes.

Thank goodness for Salon Geek I was pulling my hair out...:irked:

Have just watched the Brisa Gel Video (twice) and I am definatley putting the gel on to thick...

Just done a rebalance and they were absolute rubbish!!
The client was happy with them but I wasn't at all :(

Going to watch the video again .. I WILL master this product, it's just gonna take time and patience x

:idea: just been sitting here thinking about the last few days of work and I've had a few clients come in with chips and sets not lasting as long as usual...and the penny dropped :D

Bulbs are getting low!!!

Am really hoping this has been one of he problems with my service and it's not all down to my crappy application...lol

Ooops, that'll do it ;)

lol...yeah oops :o

I wonder if i put my newly gelled nails back in lamp (with the new bulbs of course) if they would cure properly or has the magic of science already done its stuff??

I would say you would be better off doing them over. That way you'll know for sure that they are cured properly.

Latest posts

Back