Brisa problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffirez

Reaction score
Having big problems with Brisa gel and need some advice!!!! I am finding the gel is chipping badly at the cuticle area on several clients. Also had some bad lifting on one of my clients, to the extent where I had to remove the overlays and apply a new set. I am very thorough on prep and am applying the gel as advised by Creative. I use Bio-sculpture as my main system and don't get lifting with it at all. I really want to use Brisa for the strength, but am getting a bit fed up!

Please help!!!

Saffirez said:
Having big problems with Brisa gel and need some advice!!!! I am finding the gel is chipping badly at the cuticle area on several clients. Also had some bad lifting on one of my clients, to the extent where I had to remove the overlays and apply a new set. I am very thorough on prep and am applying the gel as advised by Creative. I use Bio-sculpture as my main system and don't get lifting with it at all. I really want to use Brisa for the strength, but am getting a bit fed up!
I'm not surprised that you are fed up but clearly something is wrong here as you must realize that you should not be having any of the above highlighted problems and that regular Brisa users are not having any of these probs.

Did you do a class with Brisa and see a demonstration or are you just following some advice you've read or heard?
Are you doing your normal prep routine for Bio S or the Creative prep routine using Creative prep products? CND prep is very thorough and CND products must be used.

Lets assume your prep is spot on. And that you are using the Brisa UV Lamp. We then have to look at technique for where the problems lie.

Where many go wrong right at the start, is the application of the base layer of sculpting gel. (This is the layer that bonds to the plate, so if you are getting lifting and chipping then the problem is here with this layer). After applying Liquid Bond and letting it dry ....
The base layer should be thin (no bulk at all) and not applied lightly like nail enamel, but really 'worked' onto the surface as if you were painting a wall. If this layer is applied correctly then the problems you describe will cease to be problems.

If you can't spot from this post where you are going wrong, then I would definitely book onto a class. A class is never a waste of time or money. Trying to 'go it alone' and then suffering with probelms and unhappy clients IS.

Latest posts

Back