Brisa Query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
I did my brisa conversion course the start or May and am having one major problem - i'm loosing them.

I was putting on my runner and one poped off and I was clearing the bathroom and another poped off.

I love the gel its so shiney so I would like to wear it, I am doing nails since 1999 so its not like i am new at this, I have no problems with lifting or loosing my nails when I use L&P.

Any one tell me what I am doing wrong.

lindag said:
I did my brisa conversion course the start or May and am having one major problem - i'm loosing them.

I was putting on my runner and one poped off and I was clearing the bathroom and another poped off.

I love the gel its so shiney so I would like to wear it, I am doing nails since 1999 so its not like i am new at this, I have no problems with lifting or loosing my nails when I use L&P.

Any one tell me what I am doing wrong.

Hi,
I think you may have answered your query. Remember the saying Jewels not Tools. I think its easy to forget youve got nail enhancements on and start to do things that even natural nails may not stand up to.

Maybe you are wearing your nails a little too long?? Or applying a little too thin?

Brisa is very strong but I know some do apply it a little too thinly. It is more easy to guage the correct thickness when using Liquid and Powder. I'm sure that when you get fully used to this new sytem, you will make it work for you just perfectly.

I am not a normal wearer of gel, but I have been wearing Brisa (which I applied to myself) for a while now and not one has 'popped off' as you put it or 'broken' as I prefer to put it. I am finding it very strong, and there is no chemical reason why it shouldn't be as it is the same as Retention+ (a L&P system) only in a gel format ... very different to most gels that are normaly not quite as strong as L&P systems.

Also make sure you are rebalancing these Brisa nails and not just filling them. It is easy when using gels to be tempted to just add another coat at the rebalance (particularly on your own nails) rather than to rebalance them. Doing this makes the nails get very thin over the stress area eventually so naturally without the balance they break. As this is only just a new problem to you since the class in May ... this may be the problem. Is it happening to all your clients too or just to you?

lesley1965 said:
Hi,
I think you may have answered your query. Remember the saying Jewels not Tools. I think its easy to forget youve got nail enhancements on and start to do things that even natural nails may not stand up to.
No I dont use them as tools, I'm careful

geeg said:
Maybe you are wearing your nails a little too long?? Or applying a little too thin?.
I do wear my nails long but no longer then I wear my L&P, Then dont look thin but that might be it,

Better try again

Thanks for your help

Exactly how much of it is popping off?
You may be like me and not able to wear gel for whatever reason.
Even though Brisa is the equivalent of retention+ I still cannot wear it as if just comes clean off after a few days but I have no problems with L&P.
Just my thoughts, hope you work it out

Debs said:
Exactly how much of it is popping off?
You may be like me and not able to wear gel for whatever reason.
Even though Brisa is the equivalent of retention+ I still cannot wear it as if just comes clean off after a few days but I have no problems with L&P.
Just my thoughts, hope you work it out
I put them on Friday and three have come clean off - maybe I'm like you

if only 3 have come off, is it not possible you maybe didn`t prep those 3 properly. Just a thought, it`d be awful for you to give up on gel for yourself without making sure.

If your not wearing them really long and you are using them as jewls not tools.

Then these are some of the things we check when we try and trouble shoot a problem.

Then are you still preping with Cuticle Remover and washing it off with Water & Citrus Soak (PREP is the no 1 reason for lifting).

When using the Liquid Bond (after scrubfresh) are you applying it to 3 nails at a time? As it evaporates after a certain amount of time like the acid free primer.

When applying the base layer which should be really thin is there a tiny free margin around the cuticle area and lateral walls?

:idea: Another thing I do is after applying my base layer (pink or clear sculpting gel) to 4 fingers I go back over really quick round the edges just before I fully cure for 2 mins. The reason I do this is the gel seems thicker when I first apply it then after working it the viscosity/ thickness seems to feel thinner. I do feel it makes the difference to my nails. I am sure we all have our own little things we do to to make all the different systems work for us!

The other thing to consider as with all other systems we all have teething problems. Did we learn L&P and never get any lifting! I take my hat off to you if you didnt. Mine well looked like some type of fossil and lifted like they were in a race as to which one was going to come off first.:lol:

Hope this helps to shed a little light on your lifting problems.

Di x

Education is my passion and my love of nails keeps me striving for perfection.

Hi Di! quick question - what time do we have for application before we would have to re-apply Liquid Bond? Ta, Fiona

we do repairs in our salon for ladys on holiday 10 out of 10 ladys that loose or break a nail are gel nails .

I do not think gel is as strong as l&p when a lady has l&p for a long time and then she has gel she thinks she can do the same with her nails and they break .

if anyone wears gel nails and they are hard on ther nails they can break i love gel nails but i do not think they are good for all people l&p can be better for some .

Mui

Hi Fiona

Thanks for the question! I would say a coupel of mins but I will check for you what the specific time margin is and get back to you.

This is the first time I have been asked this question which is great as I am sure many students must have thought the same. Come to think of it I would like to know for certain.

Di x

I have signed up to take the Brisa Master class, here in Chicago, on August 1st and 2nd. I am sooo excited. Can someone tell me what I can expect from this 2 day class?? And what kind of goodies do they give you at the end?? Thanks!!

mgloverfam said:
I have signed up to take the Brisa Master class, here in Chicago, on August 1st and 2nd. I am sooo excited. Can someone tell me what I can expect from this 2 day class?? And what kind of goodies do they give you at the end?? Thanks!!

Not sure what they do in the States re gifts etc!! :lol: But I do know this much youwill enjoy it and learn tonnes about gels in general and Brisa in particular. And you will come away LOVING it. ;)

Hi...
Just wonderd...why it is a two day course in the us and only a one day course here in the uk?...

I don't know why it is two days, verses the one day there...hmmm....and yes, every CND master nail tech I know says that they give away plenty of free products when you complete the course. I've heard this from a least three techs.

Is this oneof the 'road show' trainings? If so it is a whole extavaganza and rather a special event not just a class.

I took Brisa Master class in Ohio. Great class. We learned soo much. You get gel kit and light which is included in price of class. $199.00 at least in Ohio.
Good luck
Holly

lindag said:
I put them on Friday and three have come clean off - maybe I'm like you
Lindag

I had exactly the same problem, absolutely loved Brisa when i did the course and was excited that i could wear them too over my natural nails (as do massage and makeup can't really wear enhancements) anyway like you i could paint them on one day and the majority of them would be off the next day. UNTIL one day i put them on slightly thicker and BINGO they stay put! I couldn't get my head around it but it works. So if your currently painting them on like your applying enamel this is the problem. I apply my clear layer as if enamel then build zones 2&3 slightly thicker and still using the white gel in the bottle.

Hope this is what you needed to know.

Good luck.

I am new here but I thought I would jump right in with my 'drive you nuts questioning' lol. First of all I'd like to say I am a new student and have never tried gels and couldn't possibly help but I have a few questions here.

In many of the post I have read to use a little citrusoak with water to rinse off the cuticle remover. I haven't read how much citrusoak to use. How much do you add to say 8oz of water? A drop, an oz? Could using to much or not enough cause problems with lifting? Shouldn't you use purified water since many germs come in with public water supplies?

Like I said, I am a newbie and I am sure these things are taught in creative courses but it will be a while before I am allowed to take the courses. I keep reading ... add a little citrusoak.... and its driving me nuts to know what a little is.

firebride

Latest posts

Back