Brisa Question - Help Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
Hi there

I was taught the following when doing a "semi-permanent" Brisa French Polish

Prep - cool blue / treat cuticle / shape / scrubfresh
Apply Liquid Bond to natural nail
Apply White Gel Paint to Clients Free edge
(i lock every two fingers for 10 secs, then cure four fingers for 2 mins)
Apply second coat of White Gel Paint
(lock every two fingers for 10 secs, then cure four fingers for 2 mins)
Apply Finishing Gloss over whole nail
Using Scrubfresh remove inhibition layer from finishing gloss

I did a client fingernails just over a week ago (my toes have exactly the same and have been looking good so for weeks!) she was cleaning (using gloves!) last week and when she removed the gloves one of the white tips just came off ?? showing natural nail underneath. Also some of the whites have also chipped ?

I was just wondering if im missing something or could do something else to improve the length of time these last on a clients fingers ??

i had hoped and was confident (based on my toes!) that this would last much longer then say a nail polish french polish?

Can anyone help me ? I have tried the education line at Leeds and Salisbury but i guess ive missed the guys there.

Thank you

Karren.

Just bumping this back up hoping someone can help me

Thanks

kx

Karren said:
Hi there

I was taught the following when doing a "semi-permanent" Brisa French Polish

Prep - cool blue / treat cuticle / shape / scrubfresh
Apply Liquid Bond to natural nail
Apply White Gel Paint to Clients Free edge
(i lock every two fingers for 10 secs, then cure four fingers for 2 mins)
Apply second coat of White Gel Paint
Apply Finishing Gloss over whole nail
Using Scrubfresh remove inhibition layer from finishing gloss

I did a client fingernails just over a week ago (my toes have exactly the same and have been looking good so for weeks!) she was cleaning (using gloves!) last week and when she removed the gloves one of the white tips just came off ?? showing natural nail underneath. Also some of the whites have also chipped ?

I was just wondering if im missing something or could do something else to improve the length of time these last on a clients fingers ??

i had hoped and was confident (based on my toes!) that this would last much longer then say a nail polish french polish?

Can anyone help me ? I have tried the education line at Leeds and Salisbury but i guess ive missed the guys there.

Thank you

Karren.

I always apply a thin layer of clear or pink sculpting gel first - after PREP and before the brush on white gel.

Thanks ever so much will try that Friday when she returns

Absolutely no probs on my clients and myself who have exactly the same process on toes !?

Should i be capping the ends of fingers with the pink/clear sculpting gel and white paint on gel and finishign gloss ? would that help do you think ?

kx

geeg said:
I always apply a thin layer of clear or pink sculpting gel first - after PREP and before the brush on white gel.

Well I always cap the free edge with whatever gel I'm using.

Toes do not get the constant impact on them that fingernails do. Overlays on Toes always last longer than fingernails.

Thanks very much .... last question promise !!

do i cap with all three (clear/pink gel, white gel paint, finishing gloss) ? or just finishing gloss ?
thanks. v.much

kx

geeg said:
Well I always cap the free edge with whatever gel I'm using.

Toes do not get the constant impact on them that fingernails do. Overlays on Toes always last longer than fingernails.

Latest posts

Back