Brisa Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckygirl

Reaction score
Hi, when doing my whites i cant seem to get my smile lines perfect as i find the white a bit sticky. i can do them perfect with L&P as you have more movement with the brush.any one elce have this problem??? and can i use the white sculpting gel instead?
thanks sinead

luckygirl said:
Hi, when doing my whites i cant seem to get my smile lines perfect as i find the white a bit sticky. i can do them perfect with L&P as you have more movement with the brush.any one elce have this problem??? and can i use the white sculpting gel instead?
thanks sinead
I may have read this post wrong but if you`re asking if you can use the sculpting gel instead I am assuming you`re using the brush on white overlay gel and not getting on with that. Why not put it into another pot (not a clear one though) and use your gel brush to apply it, its a lot easier that way

Well I am wearing a delisciously beautiful set of Brisa that has now been French rebalanced 3 times and I have only ever used the brush on White. I have adopted a sort of 'float on' method so that the white is nice and even ... once you lift your brush it tends to even out on its own. If it doesn't then you are applying it tooo thinly.

EASY ... apply like a french manicure, and then take the tip of your brush and sweep it along the smile line to crisp it up if you need to ... then lock it and move on to the next. You have oodles of time to get it looking right and it gets easier as you get the 'feel ' of it.

luckygirl said:
thanks sinead
The white paint on gel is easy to use once you get used to it's rules lol..........
It is sticky because it is a gel............ you float it onto the nail and let it settle, tidy up and set it for 10 sec. this will freeze it in place............
Just like Gigi said.........

If you want to use the sculpting gel you will have to use a clear tip or clear form, as otherwise the white will not be fully cured.................
So you can't use it effectivly on natural nails as an overlay or opaque tips........
HTH
Keep practicing, Rome wasn't build in a day.........took a least a fourtnight lol
You will get there..........I did after a bit of faffing around

thanks for that it has made it a lot more clearer now and i can see where i went wrong

I use Brisa Builder White sometimes and I only do rebalances at this point (very rarely full sets).....so I use it on the natural nail. It cures perfectly. Never had a problem with it not curing through. Never :)

I have tried White Paint gel and it 's not my favourite. I'm not really a fan of thin/runny gels...but of course its my preference only.

Here is how I do rebalances with Builder type of whites:
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/frenchbackfillsteps.msnw?albumlist=2

and here is how I do full sets with very white gels:
http://groups.msn.com/BeautyPro/sculptingwithgelsultrawhite.msnw?albumlist=2

PS. On the pictures it always looks like there is more gel applied then there is in reality

Latest posts

Back