Brisa questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarstorm

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have two questions about Brisa gel. I did my training in Brisa last April.

Firstly, when scultping a forever french with the white gel, can I scultp all 10 nails using the 10 seconds cure every 2 nails and then go on to applying the pink to all 10 nails ? I have been scultping 5 nail tips using the whte gel and then adding the pink to those 5 nails before I move onto the next 5 nails. Which I'm thinking is wasting time.

The next question is. When I did my training, I was told to apply Brisa Bond then cure it for 10 seconds. Next apply a thin layer of gel using a scubbing motion and cure for 2 minutes, then apply the body of the nails using whatever I wanted i.e forever french or one colour of gel and cure for 2 mintues. If needed, use clear gel to fill in any low spots, i.e. which the white meets the pink for example. Then finish the nails and apply the gloss.

I have been watching the CND spotlight videos and they have left me a little confused, as some show say apply the first thin layer of gel by what looks like painting it down the nail, while say you can do straigth to building the body of the nail without the thin clear layer.

I have read some posts which say that the Brisa Bond was changed from an air dry formula to a 10 second cure formula. So the 10 second cure formula ment you no longer had to apply the thin clear layer of gel. This has left my confused as I trained using the 10 second cure formula Brisa Bond and was still shown that I needed the thin clear layer. So do I need to apply the thin clear layer after the Brisa Bond 10 second cure formula and before I apply the pink and white gel or not ?? If I do need the thin layer of gel, do I paint it on or scub it in ?

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make it as clear as I could.

Sam xxx

Hi Guys,

Hi there!

Firstly, when scultping a forever french with the white gel, can I scultp all 10 nails using the 10 seconds cure every 2 nails and then go on to applying the pink to all 10 nails ? I have been scultping 5 nail tips using the whte gel and then adding the pink to those 5 nails before I move onto the next 5 nails. Which I'm thinking is wasting time. I would do the 10 sec cure every 2 nails and THEN return hands in for a FULL cure 3 mins before going ahead with the pink

The next question is. When I did my training, I was told to apply Brisa Bond then cure it for 10 seconds. Next apply a thin layer of gel using a scubbing motion and cure for 2 minutes, then apply the body of the nails using whatever I wanted i.e forever french or one colour of gel and cure for 2 mintues. If needed, use clear gel to fill in any low spots, i.e. which the white meets the pink for example. Then finish the nails and apply the gloss.

I have been watching the CND spotlight videos and they have left me a little confused, as some show say apply the first thin layer of gel by what looks like painting it down the nail, while say you can do straigth to building the body of the nail without the thin clear layer.

I have read some posts which say that the Brisa Bond was changed from an air dry formula to a 10 second cure formula. So the 10 second cure formula ment you no longer had to apply the thin clear layer of gel. This has left my confused as I trained using the 10 second cure formula Brisa Bond and was still shown that I needed the thin clear layer. So do I need to apply the thin clear layer after the Brisa Bond 10 second cure formula and before I apply the pink and white gel or not ?? If I do need the thin layer of gel, do I paint it on or scub it in ? I 10 second cure the brisa bond after scrubfresh regardless and then do/paint/criss cross /scrub - basically work into the nail, a very thin layer (very thin) capping the edge and in general making sure the nail is sealed , I do one hand and then the other and the I cure for 3 mins. Once this is done move on to building the C-curve/French/bulk of the nail

hope this helps?:hug:
Cait

Sam xxx

Last edited:
Thanks you the reply Cait. Interesting you cure for 3 mintues as my notes, DVD and the CND videos say 2 mintues, so I have been doing my full cure at 2 mintues and not 3.

Sam xxx

Hi Guys,

Firstly, when scultping a forever french with the white gel, can I scultp all 10 nails using the 10 seconds cure every 2 nails and then go on to applying the pink to all 10 nails ? I have been scultping 5 nail tips using the whte gel and then adding the pink to those 5 nails before I move onto the next 5 nails. Which I'm thinking is wasting time.

You can do 2 at a time locking for 10 then moving on to the next 2 the finally doing the thumb and curing for 2 mins

I have read some posts which say that the Brisa Bond was changed from an air dry formula to a 10 second cure formula. So the 10 second cure formula ment you no longer had to apply the thin clear layer of gel. This has left my confused as I trained using the 10 second cure formula Brisa Bond and was still shown that I needed the thin clear layer. So do I need to apply the thin clear layer after the Brisa Bond 10 second cure formula and before I apply the pink and white gel or not ?? If I do need the thin layer of gel, do I paint it on or scub it in ?

The new Brisa Bond which you cure for 10 sec has been designed to give a stronger bond so you do not have to do the scrub in layer you can go straight on to your first building layer or your white.

Sam xxx

Brisa Uv Gel needs a 2 min cure for each layer and a 10 sec cure for Brisa Bond or when you lock a layer.
There is no need to cure for any longer.

Hth's

Thanks for the reply Klassy Klaws, it's just what I needed to know.

Sam xxx

Hmmmm! This is interesting! I was never taught to cure for 10 secs with Brisa base layer... Or with liquid bond...

I was taught every cure (including the base layer) is 2 mins.

I would only do a 10 sec cure to lock into place and thats it. I'm confused... What is this new Brisa bond? :|

Hmmmm! This is interesting! I was never taught to cure for 10 secs with Brisa base layer... Or with liquid bond...

I was taught every cure (including the base layer) is 2 mins.

I would only do a 10 sec cure to lock into place and thats it. I'm confused... What is this new Brisa bond? :|

The new formulated Brisa Bond/Liqiuid needs to be cured for 10 sec it is in the same bottle and looks the same, all the layers of Gel ie Pink, Clear and White all need to be cured for a full 2mins.
Hths

Oops! sorry :o
yup you're right, 2 mins not 3 !
No need to cure any longer but I apparently do (probably out of habit) and it doesn't hurt either, as my customers come back every 4-5 weeks for an infill.
Cait

Latest posts

Back