Brisa Removal followed by L&P overlay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanessaB

Reaction score
I have a cleint who has been wearing Brisa for about a month and a half as a natural nail overlay.

She would now like it removed and have the L&P pink and white put on instead.

She always gets seperation at the free edge on a couple of her nails despite my careful application and the fact that i always 'cap' around the free edge.

She has been coming to me for over a year now and I dont want to lose her business over this problem.

What is the best way of doing this? Shall i file away most of the Brisa then soak off the remainder or just carefully file away all the overlay then prep as normal?

Any tips would be very much appreciated!

You could do either method Vanessa. I would tend to file until thin and then apply over the thin layer of Brisa. After all Brisa is Retention+ in a gel formulation.

She must be hard on her free edges to make Brisa split away from the natural nail or else the free edge is a bit too thin.

The thought that the free edge was a bit thin had crossed my mind after my first couple of rebalances so I made it a little thicker and then capped it with the Gloss. Still no luck though.

Her nails are very dry and quite hard too though. I dont know if this could make a difference as there is no give too them if that makes sense?!

Should I have capped it with the pink gel too?

It is puzzling me as I have only just started to use gel so I wouldnt have to worry about mix ratios. I find it so hard to get my mix ratio correct at the moment because it is so hot here.

I cap mine with the pink or clear gel and also with the glossing gel................
No seperation here unless they go and file them afterwards and break the capped seal................
HTH

Maybe thats the trick then! I( will cap with pink and the gloss.

I did advise her not to file but hey! its takes a while for it to sink in sometimes!!

Thanks for your advice. Im sure I wont have this problem again.

Latest posts

Back