Brisa removal question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarstorm

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am hoping someone can help me with a question I have. I have been using Brisa for over a year but had never removed a set before last night. I know Brisa is a buff off gel and is acetone resistant. My CND Brisa workbook from my training, said to remove Brisa, you should buff the gel down to a thin layer (about the thicknes of a piece of paper) and then soak off the paper thin layer with acetone for 40 mintues.

Yesterday evening, I went to a clients house to remove a set of Brisa enhancements which I had applied 2 and a half weeks before for her wedding day. I followed the instructions I was taught, as in my Brisa workbook, but after the 40 mintues, the thin layer was still rock soild and seemed as if they had not softened at all. I ended up buffing all the gel off gently with my 240 grit. I was not overly keen on buffing the final layer, as I was concerned about over buffing and thinning the cleint natural nails.

My cleints nails seemed strong enough after the removal but I'm slighty worried incase I have thinned her nails in any place. Her natural nails are normaly very strong and she only had the enhancements applied as she had broken 2 nails days before the wedding.

I was using D-Solve for socking the final paper thin layer, which has always done the job fantasticly with L&P. I used the cotton wool and foil method for soaking.

Can any of you shed some light on why the soaking had aboslutly no effect even though according to my workbook, it should have ?

This cleint wants me to do her nails again in October for a family memebers wedding and I don't want to end up in the same situtation when the time comes to remove the nails again as she dose not wish to have any Brisa left, even the paper thin layer.

Sam xx

Bump, anyone ?

I would love to know this too!

I have actually never tried to soak off the last paper thin layer of BRISA. I just let it grow off naturally. The fact is you can polish over and never even know it is there while growing off.

Perhaps it is a case of 'paper thin' vs paper thin.? I've never soaked it off. If someone had come to me and I knew she would want her nails removed after such a short time I would have used Shellac as her nails, you say, are normally strong or L&P if she had needed them extending.

Then in reading this (still so new) I put a set of gels on a gal three months ago she needs them removed as she is now re- employed in food industry where we worked together.

I believe I would shorten the nail enhancement (tips used) and file the bulk of the hard gel with a 80 or 100/100 off until a thin layer is left maybe go to a 180/180 then I could use a hardner for a few days.

She is coming on Thursday Jan 17th and goes back to work on Monday. I am a bit nervous as so new and never removed all the way off to the natural nail and I do not want to do this incorreclty. I read and read but doing it the first time is not the same.

Any advice would be of great assitance.

As you say ... But proceed cautiously and patiently. I personally do not even own an 80 or 100 grit file. I would just use a less harsh 180 grit file and be particularly careful at fee sides and Eponychium area which will not have any product there ( if you left a free margin).

It's really hard to tell where the natural nail is and where the product starts so work out from the middle of the nail first so your file is nowhere near those edges.

Leave a thin layer of product on the nail and no now will know its even there. :lol:

Hi Geeks,

I am hoping someone can help me with a question I have. I have been using Brisa for over a year but had never removed a set before last night. I know Brisa is a buff off gel and is acetone resistant. My CND Brisa workbook from my training, said to remove Brisa, you should buff the gel down to a thin layer (about the thicknes of a piece of paper) and then soak off the paper thin layer with acetone for 40 mintues.

Yesterday evening, I went to a clients house to remove a set of Brisa enhancements which I had applied 2 and a half weeks before for her wedding day. I followed the instructions I was taught, as in my Brisa workbook, but after the 40 mintues, the thin layer was still rock soild and seemed as if they had not softened at all. I ended up buffing all the gel off gently with my 240 grit. I was not overly keen on buffing the final layer, as I was concerned about over buffing and thinning the cleint natural nails.

My cleints nails seemed strong enough after the removal but I'm slighty worried incase I have thinned her nails in any place. Her natural nails are normaly very strong and she only had the enhancements applied as she had broken 2 nails days before the wedding.

I was using D-Solve for socking the final paper thin layer, which has always done the job fantasticly with L&P. I used the cotton wool and foil method for soaking.

Can any of you shed some light on why the soaking had aboslutly no effect even though according to my workbook, it should have ?

This cleint wants me to do her nails again in October for a family memebers wedding and I don't want to end up in the same situtation when the time comes to remove the nails again as she dose not wish to have any Brisa left, even the paper thin layer.

Sam xx

In October you should be able to use Brisa lite for extending but possible to soak off, perfect for the client who wants short term lengthening

In October you should be able to use Brisa lite for extending but possible to soak off, perfect for the client who wants short term lengthening
October?? Do you know something the Master Distributors S2 don't know? Lol. Brisa lite gels should be available in just a couple of weeks! :eek:

October?? Do you know something the Master Distributors S2 don't know? Lol. Brisa lite gels should be available in just a couple of weeks! :eek:

I meant for that particular client who wants them done for the family do and op was worried about :lol: of course coming out very soon xx

I meant for that particular client who wants them done for the family do and op was worried about :lol: of course coming out very soon xx
soz .... I guess I didn't read back far enough! :lol:

As you say ... But proceed cautiously and patiently. I personally do not even own an 80 or 100 grit file. I would just use a less harsh 180 grit file and be particularly careful at fee sides and Eponychium area which will not have any product there ( if you left a free margin).

It's really hard to tell where the natural nail is and where the product starts so work out from the middle of the nail first so your file is nowhere near those edges.

Leave a thin layer of product on the nail and no now will know its even there. :lol:

Thank you... yes when I do my gel I still use stylist and run edge along my cuticle and sidwalls so there is a space its more detailed work the causes me to feel I am doing the right course of action. Ok I will go get a 180 file then today as I need some supplies having a tough time as my CND Distributor has bare basics and I have to order bi weekly. Very frustrating to have bare shelves in the place you purchase your needs from.

Work from middle got it! Should have know this basic now sound silly I asked. Then with a small layer left I would not need a nail hardner then correct? I assume since you state the thin layer and no one will know its there I would not need hardner!
Traci

In regard to the conversation of taking off a set of nails with minimal damage toa natural nail. Please comment keeping in mind I am just over 4 months into this and never exerienced a removal. I asked and tried to execute the mission the best to my ability we buffed and put a hardner and she was super happy with the results her nails look rough here but not so bad finished. Was this the look I needed or did I go to far? Excuse the poor photo I need to invest in a good camera.

Thank you so much for all the guidance again. Good and Bad comments welcome as I learn from it all . Constructive criticism is a great tool when used properly!

Attachments

• 2013-01-17 09.01.59.jpg
    2013-01-17 09.01.59.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back