Brisa smoothing gel and Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I wear Brisa smoothing gel under my shellac for a little strength under my shellac.
They peel after a week.

I did the same for my sister who's going on holiday tomorrow and all her nails have peeled today. That's a day after I did it.
What am I doing wrong?

New Hi geeks

I wear Brisa smoothing gel under my shellac for a little strength under my shellac.
They peel after a week.

I did the same for my sister who's going on holiday tomorrow and all her nails have peeled today. That's a day after I did it.
What am I doing wrong?
Can you talk us through your procedure?

Brisa smoothing gel base coat 10 seconds, Brisa smoothing gel 2 mins, 2 colors of shellac colour coat and 1 coat of top coat.

are you doing cuticle work?

are you using the cnd lamp?

how thinly are you applying the brisa lite gel?

Yes I do thorough cuticle work, I've got the CND lamp and layers are very thin.

what is the condition of her natural nails?

Also what is your procedure of cuticle work?.. If the product is "peeling" then it means that it has not properly bonded to the natural nail which would mean the nails aren't properly prepped?

Just the shellac peeling off or the whole thing?

The whole thing came off!
I did cuticle work like I always do with all my clients and they never have any peeling.
I use cuticle away, scrubfresh. Her nails are healthy underneath.

The whole thing came off!
I did cuticle work like I always do with all my clients and they never have any peeling.
I use cuticle away, scrubfresh. Her nails are healthy underneath.
I have this problem too with a client. I follow PEP to the letter, I apply base coat thinly then Shellac and Express 5 but it mostly chips and she can peel it off easily after one week. I've tried Brisa lite Smoothing and the whole thing just pops off. So last time I used a thin coating of Sculpting gel two fingers popped off 7 days in. I got her back tonight (I won't be beaten) and re done the two and on checking the other there was only two that were completely sealed all the others had some lifting on the side walls on the free edge. All my other clients are fine.

Latest posts

Back