brisa top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
hello peeps
just wondering if you need to have a brisa gel lamp ,if you want to use brisa top coat? is there much difference between brisa top coat & IBD intense seal?

I tried to use the ibd lamp to cure my brisa topcoat and it didnt work well Im afraid, it never seemed to cure properly and either peeled off or pitted. I have the brisa lamp now and use that, though you can cure the intense seal with the brisa lamp no problem.:) I find that the brisa topcaot is thicker in consistancy than intense seal.

Brisa is thicker, needs to be cleansed with scrubfresh after curing and does not glow under UV light.

IBD INtense Seal is alot thinner, doesn't need cleansing and does glow under UV light.

Intense seal is my preference, but it can alter the appeaence of some coloured acrylics.

I have never been able to get as good a result using the brisa gloss over l&p..but have easily with the intense seal.
Using a 180 and not touching the surface at all, and applying the brisa very slowly and carefully usually took care of the bare spot problem..but not all the time..it did my head in when all looked perfect..then out of the lamp, they weren't...it was very much like trying to use the ultra seal by ibd.
Intense seal is idiot proof:lol:
Like others have said, you do need the brisa lamp for the brisa
Personally i would stick to using the intense seal, which you can cure under either lamp for your l&p..but the brisa gloss does work beautifully over brisa gels..probably because thats what it was designed for:)

I use both, intense seal with my acrylics, and brisa for my gels of course. i prefer brisa everytime, however you need to be careful with how thick it can come out....and what the others said about the lamps i agree with lol

I don't use a Brisa lamp for the gel and it seems to come out nice. But if you are having problems with the gel curing, then maybe it would be wise to look in a brisa lamp.
The only thing that I have noticed compared to other top coat gels is that the this one doesn't seem to have a really high glossy shine.

I don't use a Brisa lamp for the gel and it seems to come out nice. But if you are having problems with the gel curing, then maybe it would be wise to look in a brisa lamp.
The only thing that I have noticed compared to other top coat gels is that the this one doesn't seem to have a really high glossy shine.
I think you'll find you're not getting it as glossy because it's not being cured enough. When I fist tried Brisa I didn't have the lamp but now I do & it's a much better finish.

I still prefer to use a thinner UV topcoat though. If anyone is interested I just tried the Hawley one today for the fist time & it seems good.

Latest posts

Back