Brisa UV Finishing Gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail_star2003

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

In a bit of a hurry for this one!!! I just wondered if any of you have used the Brisa Finishing Gloss and if so, does it have a high gloss shine? Also, can this be used over Retention + liquid and powder? My clients are after a really high gloss look but they still want their acrylics and, to be honest, I can't afford to convert at the mo!

Your speedy help is really appreciated!!

Never used Brisa Finishing gloss, but IBD Intense Seal is amazing, no cleansing after and a brilliant shine. Try it you will love it:Love:

Hi,

I bought IBD's Ultra seal but didn't find that too glossy. The Ultra seal also looked like it was shrinking around the cuticle area. Can any of you gel users advise me on why this might've happened?

The reason I'm in a hurry is because I'm meant to be going to the One Stop Nail Shop this morning but it's a bit of a journey for me and I don't want to go if it's not going to be right for me.

Also, does anyone have an idea of the price of the Brisa gloss?

Thanx

id recomment intense seal too, it's made my life alot easier and my clients love it, iv heard bad things about ultra seal before, but it seems intense seal is the new impoved product, i cant say a bad thing about it...

Many thanks girls for your advice.

It's not just the cost of the gloss for you hun. You'd need to buy the UV light too!

I have a UV lamp already - a Daylight one. I bought it when I bought the Ultra Seal and was a bit disappointed overall cos the gloss wasn't that good!

Any ideas as to why the gel seemed to shrink away from the cuticle?

Trust me hun when using Brisa products you need the Brisa lamp. I tried with the 4 x 9watt daylight one and got serious product breakdown. It's always better to use the correct uv lamp as recommended by the gel supplier as the UV output Varies a lot from one type of bulb to another. Brisa has a low amount of photo initiators to prevent heat spike so needs a high intensity UV bulb to make sure it is fully cured.

This maybe why you have problems with the other gel cos you're not using the correct light - or maybe your bulbs need replacing (about every 6-12 months). It could also be that it is a gel that is on the end of the market with a high shrinkage rate - gels shrink more than any other system when curing, and some gels more than others.

HTH.

Cheers Sas!

I'm not really a gel user as I've always preferred liquid and powder so your advice has been taking on board - many thanx. Does anyone know if IBD's Intense Seal can be used over polish and whether or not it has to be applied to a rough surface rather than a smooth surface. I fear this is one of my problems as I'm a bit of a perfectionist for having a smooth surface!!!

You dont have to buff first with Intense Seal. You can file and then use it. I cant say whether to use it with Nail Polish, have never tried. Sure someone will let you know.
Ultra Seal is pretty awful in my opinion too.
xxx:green:

Ok, girls, I bit the bullet and opted for the IBD Intense Seal. It is amazing! It is exactly what I wanted and it's not thick at all.

Thank you all so much for your input. My clients will love it.:lol:

Hi, I too use intense seal, and it is fantastic. I use it over polish if clients want. It works better over polish on enhancements, then ibd over the top, i found that if i used it onto clients natural nailplates after a polish, it cracked because of the natual nails flexibility. Hth.

Hi this repyly may be a bit late since you have already bought the IBD,

I use brisa gels and I have the brisa lamp (small fortune alone) But I honestly can't fault it! I use it over the top of L+P as my clients too love the high shine, I also always wear it over my own nails as due to how much acetone my hands touch they would be melting off if i didn't!!!!!

The reason you are getting the shrinkage is, your not using enough or u are using it on a shiny area. Make sure you remove all shine and make sure you cap your free edge with the Uv gloss to prent shrinkage as well.

Another good hint with the gel final coat is, if you use rhinestones, just place them on with a hint of glue then do the final coat of gel, they are basically sealed in under the gel but it doesn't ruin the effect and i haven't had a single client lose a rhinestone when done this way.

I charge an extra $5 on top of the L+P price to do a final coat in gel, just to cover costs.

hope this helps anyone else or maybe you next time.

glad you tried it, its fantastic isnt it! so easy to apply and the glossy look is great. Have never ever had any problem with the IBD Intense Seal. Love it soo much I just spread the word to everybody.
xxxxx:D

Thanks girls for all your help.

I didn't honestly think there would be a problem with the Brisa gel because I've heard so many good things about it but I just need to pinch the pennies at this time of year!!!

I was going to ask if you thought it would be acceptable to charge, say an extra £2 to have this finish or do you think I should just include it with the price of extensions as I do with a polish? Your thoughts will be much appreciated.

I would suggest charging more due to the extra expense of the uv gloss, the brisa gel is WAY more expensive than the super shiny coat I normally use over l+p.

I call it a gel top layer and charge $5 Australian

My clients agree this is fair.

I also take into consderation the cost of my UV bulbs, they are very expensive and the more I use my lamp the more they run out!

hope this helps!

nail_star2003 said:
Ok, girls, I bit the bullet and opted for the IBD Intense Seal. It is amazing! It is exactly what I wanted and it's not thick at all.

Thank you all so much for your input. My clients will love it.:lol:

i just bought some of this too ! very nice to use !

personally i do not charge extra, because i use the product as much for my convenience as i do for the clients . it prevents me having to touch up mangled top coats when they pick up their coats or flick their hair back etc. it also cuts down a little on the fine finishing, and keeps their nails in better condition for the rebalance. jmo

Latest posts

Back