Brisa vs Akzentz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Can any of you who have tried both Brisa and Akzentz give me some ideas as to how you get on with them? I'm looking into both of these and not sure which to go for so need some info on how they both work and which in your experience and oppinion you feel you get on better with and why?

Thanks.

I hope Anna From Toronto will answer this as she has knowledge of both systems.

I can only tell you about Brisa and I think everything has been covered in my tutorial on Brisa Q&A's under 'premium geeks'. why don't you have a look at them ... you will learn allot about Brisa.

geeg said:
I hope Anna From Toronto will answer this as she has knowledge of both systems.

I can only tell you about Brisa and I think everything has been covered in my tutorial on Brisa Q&A's under 'premium geeks'. why don't you have a look at them ... you will learn allot about Brisa.
I've already taken a look at the Brisa Q&A's and yes it is very informative.... however what I'm trying to find out is how the two compare which is why I'm asking those who've tried both which they prefer and why.....

I've heard good things about both but I must admit that the curing in the pots has got me a little spooked as I've not tried gel before so I can't afford to lose precious pots of gel because I'm new to it.

I realise that there is no perfect system that its all about practice and learning to work correctly and suitabley with what you have. But I just need a few pointers.

Hi Tamm

I can't comment on Brisa coz I haven't tried it and I know you are looking for answers from someone who has tried both Brisa and Akzentz but I have been using Akzentz gels for over a year now having tried 2 other brands. I have never had any lifting probs with Akzentz (unlike the other brands I tried) and have been totally happy with everything I have used. I do have some of the sample sized pots spare since I moved on to the larger sized pots and would be happy to send them to you so you can try them out. Just pm me if you want to give them a go.

Shaza

I am sure if you search Akzents then Anna has posted and answered quite a few questions about this system that will help you.

Curing in the pot is not a big problem with Brisa at all, Tamm. It doesn't have to happen (just like product lifting doesn't have to happen). It is a question of leaning to use the product efficiently and this comes down to education which is why I am always preaching to take a class and learn the correct information for the product you want to use.

If 20 or even 30 people had a problem with Brisa Curing in the pot while exposed to UV light (because it does not cure without exposure to Uv light) then that still only represents a tiny minority of those who have bought and are working well with the system and having no problems.

Even this web site ( as wonderful as it is) only represents a tiny minority of the nail industry and the people who work in it ... we have to keep things in perspective here.

I'm not sure if I my opinion will be valid since I sell Akzentz ...but those who know me..know that I'm honest.

There is pros and cons to every system out there.

I haven't used Brisa for very long, but will try to give you my opinion.

Brisa Pink color is beautiful and the white very very white, THE whites gel out there and it HOLDS the smile line (not like Paint On gels)
Akzentz Pink Natural and Ultra White are more natural looking, but do apply much easier (for me)
Akzentz Natural has a wonderful viscosity....it levels just on top and it does not run...it is very soft as well, so it goes where you move it without any effort...and without greating little bubbles (when you have to push the gel..and you are overworking it, that creates airbubbles)

Akzentz Gloss is very Glossy and goes on perfectly.
I have been having some problems with Brisa Gloss..it kind of shinks on me.

Brisa does not yellow or fade in tanning beds. Akzentz can (so just bring extra pair of socks and put them over your fingertips while tanning)...but Akzentz can fade in a tanning bed, not in a regular sunlight.

Akzentz is easier to file then Brisa.

Both look nice.
Akzentz looks more natural.
Brisa has more "oumpf" (how do you spell that :rolleyes: )...good for competitions for sure.

PS. I use Amore Base instead of Akzentz Bonder. I don't like the "scrubbing the gel in" way. I'm just very picky LOL

Both last very good

if something else will pop into my head, I'll write

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back