Brisa vs Brisa Lite sculpting gel and natural nail only techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's definitely different than Brisa. BL is more viscous to me, it does stay in place where ou put it is I definitely think it would be great for beginners. I don't have problems with breaking when using tips, I have problems with breaking when doing sculpts. I imagine I'm not getting the structure right. I try to build the apex but always seem to get in wonky looking. I usually use welless tips vs well tips. It just depends on the client. I'm not going to replace Brisa for BL though. I like how BL applies but it's not ideal for me to wear since I'm using Nourishing remover a lot. I wouldn't want to end up with sticky nails. I do mostly gels now, some l&p. Gels totally freaked me out when I first started, but one day it just clicked. You can't expect a client not to break a nail, don't let that discourage you. They tend to think that their nails are indestructible when wearing enhancements so if they break one they learn they can't use their nails as tools!

:) think ill give the brisa lite a go then. Thank you!

don't let it beat you kinkyboots, you've spent too much time and money to give up now.

Keep at it , you'll have a eureka moment and everything will fall into place.

Loving all this support ladies. Exactly what this forum is for. Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks folks :hug: guess its time to grow some :Scared:

Kinky, I was just thinking about you and how you were getting on with gels. You have the passion …now get the drive! You can do this! Apply a set of gels to yourself even if it's only on your non dominate hand, keep then short. Don't do pink & white until you're happy with tips or sculpts.

Scottishjoy…great idea on practicing forms! I will do that tonight, thanks

Please don't give up, any of you! I am starting to save to do a gel course purely so I can offer Brisa Sculpting so I can add an enhancement to my natural nail service
I am scared in a way to commit to doing it (and the financial investment) but I really feel it's important. I have only just started in nails, am at 45 as very mature beginner and have only a handful of clients
Keep going girls, you can do it!! (Or I am doomed lol) xx

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks very much for all the advise you provide through the discussions on here, as a newly qualified technician I find this very helpful indeed.. I have recently purchased the brisa lite sculpting gel and I am very nervous as I have my first client booked in on 3rd July :Scared:... I am thinking of practising on friends and family before then but my question is... Do you recommend using tips under the gel or is it best to just try to calm my nerves, bite the bullet and go for the full enhancement?

Thanks in advance

Ony :)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks very much for all the advise you provide through the discussions on here, as a newly qualified technician I find this very helpful indeed.. I have recently purchased the brisa lite sculpting gel and I am very nervous as I have my first client booked in on 3rd July :Scared:... I am thinking of practising on friends and family before then but my question is... Do you recommend using tips under the gel or is it best to just try to calm my nerves, bite the bullet and go for the full enhancement?

Thanks in advance

Ony :)

I think it's important to practice on family and friend with sculpting and tips, then whatever you deep suitable for your client via consultation, you will be familiar with. Is there a chance of you doing a class or one to one session before seeing your client? Xxx

Latest posts

Back