Brisa

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddie

Reaction score
I am really impressed with the bonding qualities of this gel and I have tried quite a few in my time. One question I have is if you want to remove all the enhancement and put on a new set can you leave a very thin layer of gel or do you buff it off completely?

It is much safer to leave a very thin layer - my question would be "why would you want to remove the entire enhancement to do another set".

You would only need to do this if you had a major problem with the health of the nail underneath.

Maybe the extensions are too short and she wants them longer - there's loads of reasons! :rolleyes:

Aphrodite said:
Maybe the extensions are too short and she wants them longer - there's loads of reasons! :rolleyes:

I appreciate there may be loads of reasons but in the case of them being too short then it may be better for the health of the natural nail to sculpt them longer rather than removing and redoing.

I don't mean to upset anyone - sometimes it helps to consider alternatives to removal and redoing as removing nails is probably one of the most damaging things you can do.

Aphrodite said:

I would advise the client to be patient and let the nails grow - in that instance! but there is no good reason for soaking off enhancements just because - maybe Maddie could tell us why she needs or feels she needs to soak the set off ?

Thank you girls for your feedback. One reason might be if a client had predesigned nail tips she might want a change of design or maybe she broke or bit them off . I enquired whether all the gel had to removed because I thought the liquid bond would adhere better to the natural nail.

Hi Maddie,

if you file the gel really thin - new gel will stick well to the thin layer - the liquid bond only needs to be on the natural nail regrowth - the gel would probably adhere better to the thin layer of existing gel than to the natural nail.

Sorry I did not think of the predesigned tips being replaced as I have never used them LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back