Britain's best towns to visit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
we are thinking of doing a trip around the uk sampling some of the best towns/cities/countryside/seaside that britain has to offer.

where do you love and what would be on your list of must sees?

xx

Hi Blossom, have you ever visited Whitby? I love it there it's beautiful.

X.

I really like Barry Island in Wales, its where they shot Gavin and Stacy. Its a beautiful place! with some amazing rock..(the sweets) they have the old fashioned arcades and it just a really cool place to go to, then afterwards go Cardiff shopping! xoxo

The Cotswolds, particularly Bourton on the Water, Broadway, Moreton in Marsh, Chipping Campden, Stow on the Wold.

If you have time, The Three Ways House Hotel, Mickleton, home of the world famous Pudding Club.

Bath, it's my favourite city. Very beautiful, lots to do and some fantastic shopping as well :)

St Ives is beautiful, and it's nice in the winter as it's not super busy. Port Isaac is a lovely little place too, it was where they filmed "Doc Marten". The sea is almost turquoise and there are some nice little shops and cafes there.

Your trip sounds like a wonderful idea! Sometimes you forget what is on your doorstep.

I agree with Noodle, the Cotswolds are just beautiful! Don’t forget Stratford-Upon-Avon as well, especially if you like Shakespeare.

There's no place like London (as the song goes).

If you would like to visit a place with a beautiful landscapes and nature, then I would recommend you to visit Swanage in Dorset. There's a lot of charming seascapes, cliffs, nature, and also it's famous because of the castle named Corfe. It's absolutely amazing, I have visited this place and a castle ones with my husband on holiday, it was wonderful!;)

here in our small little borough of Rossendale The World Gravy Wrestling Championship is a must see..... lol its on t.v and everything, although its in August so its a little bit of a while away haha

I like Cambridge also bath both good for shopping to. Cornwall is very pretty. Also you messages are full lol ;) x

Brighton and Bath have to be on the list, as well as London. If you have extra time then Cornwall is somewhere that deserves a good amount of time to explore. Watergate Bay is our favourite place to stay for a few nights of good food and beach life.

I also agree with the Cotswolds and Stratford upon Avon.

Another vote for Bath (but I'm bias I live down the road lol), York is meant to be an amazing place too visit, Bristol for more shopping, bullring in Birmingham for even more shopping, Newquay for a bit of surfing, Weymouth for the seaside and Lyme Regis for fossil hunting. X

Another vote for Bath (but I'm bias I live down the road lol), York is meant to be an amazing place too visit, Bristol for more shopping, bullring in Birmingham for even more shopping, Newquay for a bit of surfing, Weymouth for the seaside and Lyme Regis for fossil hunting. X

I love Lyme Regis! As do my kids :)

You're right LilCheekyMonkey, York is well worth a visit.

X.

fab ideas, thank you, keep em coming! it's so nice to get other people's ideas on where to go, nothing like the voice of experience and recommendation

swanage and corfe is not far from me so we know that well, also st ives we've been to loads of times cos its soooo nice!

beautybits ive deleted some, thank you! xxx

St Ives, but not in August. Chester, my nearest and dearest. London, of course.

I second Chester! Also conwy in North Wales is pretty and they have a castle :)

Chester ... Went once briefly years ago, think we walked the walls? Would love to go again

What does anyone think to Liverpool and Harrogate? Is Windsor worth a look? X

I'm a born and bred Londoner so will always say London but my youngest is at uni in Leeds and I think it's a fab town. My husband wants to stay in Harrogate the next time we're up and go and watch a local footy team so I'd be interested to hear views on Harrogate.

He's a scouser so we do Liverpool a lot. A fab town. So much to see. Ferry across the mersey etc

We're not far now from all those beautiful cotswold towns mentioned and they really are lovely. Still never get to visit them lol

Apart from that I would head for Salcombe to go and visit a geek I've met on here and to see the sea. I hate flying so north/south Devon and Cornwall really are my faves.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back