Britain's best towns to visit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scotland, Wales and NI have many gems too!

along the Antrim coast in NI is gorgeous on a bright clear day and the Glens of Antrim have some spectacular scenery x

Anyone know what Leicester is like? Some great ideas here tht i would never have thought of :)

Anyone know what Leicester is like? Some great ideas here tht i would never have thought of :)

I live in melton Mowbray in Leicestershire. The centre of Leicester is a typical city. But if u go into Leicestershire u have lots of lovely places!

Wells-next-the-sea and Norfolk in general. Lovely seaside towns, really relaxing =(

I agree, I love Edinburgh, especially on NYE.

X.

Oh my Goodness, I thought I was actually going to die when I experienced NYE in Edinburgh. We were in a crowd crush at one of the street junctions and at the point where I thought I was never going to get out alive, my Husband literally picked me up and powered through it to the other side.

I can no longer put myself in situations where there will be a crowd and my heart is beating so fast just writing this!

But yes, Edinburgh is amazing!

The Lake District, particularly Windermere, is stunning for scenery.

At this rate Blossom, you'll be taking in an all inclusive whistle-stop tour of the UK :lol:

At this rate Blossom, you'll be taking in an all inclusive whistle-stop tour of the UK :lol:

I second this, Windermere IS beautiful.

X.

Oh my Goodness, I thought I was actually going to die when I experienced NYE in Edinburgh. We were in a crowd crush at one of the street junctions and at the point where I thought I was never going to get out alive, my Husband literally picked me up and powered through it to the other side.

I can no longer put myself in situations where there will be a crowd and my heart is beating so fast just writing this!

But yes, Edinburgh is amazing!

Omg I'm not surprised that experience has had a lasting impression on you. Yeah it does get crazy and you need to be fully prepared for what's in store if you're there for NYE or Hogmanay as it is known.

Thank god for your husband coming to the rescue!

X.

i think i need about 2 months actually to take in all these lovely places :lol:

We must have the same taste in places to visit Noodle! I love Windermere too!

Yes York is good!!! There's a lovely geek that lives there but I can't remember her name ...? 😉😉

Yes leicester is well worth driving past.

Some nice countryside in leicestershire but nothing special.

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

Deffo Brighton! Great shopping! Xxx

I love fort william and glen coe there beautiful

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Glaaaaasgow !!!
Beautiful buildings, art gallery, museums, festivals, shops, pubs, classy restaurants and .....some very friendly folk
And it's only 40 mins drive to some islands on the west coast. And about 30 mins to Loch Lomond.
( I should work for the Scottish Tourist Board)

I live in Cornwall. And I love it. If you go along the north coast it's amazing beaches and views. So peaceful. All my relatives live in the city london or Cambridge. Cambridge is beautiful and london is exciting but I love the peace quiet and clean air of where I live. If you are looking for a romantic break I would recommend a spa hotel called "the scarlett" hot tubs on the cliffs beautiful sea views and treatments. Xx

If it hasn't been mentioned, Wells, Somerset is very quaint.. We usually try to go once a year. Plus if you're a fan of Simon Pegg/Nick Frost movies, it's where they filmed Hot Fuzz :p

Northern Ireland is a must see!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back