British Beauty Academy help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emz001

Reaction score
Hey I have just registered although I have used the site regularly over the last few weeks and have found it a great help. I am still in need of some advice so if any one can help I woul appreciate it. I am booked on a course with te British beauty academy for semi-permanant eyelash extensions. I am now quite worried as there really is a mixed review on them. I hae absolutely no experience whatsoever so this will be my first step into the beauty industry. Any advice gladly welcomed. Thanks Emma. x

Hi,

I did the course with them and found it was OK, not indepth or artistic instruction (ie different styles of look you can achieve) but you get what you pay for, I am a self starter though when it comes to learning and had read and read and read about the lash procedure and watched videos and on the day of the course had a bit of a head start if you know what I mean. The course covered a lot but was skimmed over quickly so we could get straight onto the practicing, it is very fiddly at first so deep breaths and dont get too annoyed with yourself! I would say the course gives you a very basic overview of lashing and you need to get loads of volunteers to practice like crazy to get your technique perfected and confidence up. relax and enjoy the day, it was a fun day although at one point at least 3 in the class wanted to throw the dummy head across the room :hug:

Hi starholistics. Thanks so much for replying. I have been so worried after reading reviews etc but everyone always has a different opinion. You have definately put my mind at ease. I will get some volunteers lined up for practicing and will try not to explode throughout the training with the fiddly procedure. I am excited now. How have you found it since your training and was it mink lashes that they supplied? Thanks again for replying I am excited now. Emma

The kit came with a little tray of C curl lashes of mixed lengths fake mink on a strip which made it slightly easier than trying to grab looses lashes with the tweezers! The glue was not very good though and the first few sets I did looked great but lasted about a week before they all started to come loose and fall out without the natural lash, I wondered if it was technique but since changing to a different glue have had better results but still on the hunt for the best glue for me. I have loved doing the lashes, it is a bit fiddly but quite therapeutic really! and so rewarding seeing the difference and the happy faces when you show the results! Hope you enjoy the course! Let me know how you get on :hug:

You have been such a great help. I am excited now. Got my sister booked in te day after for practicing. I am also going to get a look at other glues now to see what's available. I will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed and thanks again. x

just wondering if you have done the course yet and how it went if you have xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi. I have just booked a course and thought I would also read some reviews and come across this. I must say that after reading this it has put my mind at ease too and I am looking forward to doing the eyelash course. x

Hey I have just registered although I have used the site regularly over the last few weeks and have found it a great help. I am still in need of some advice so if any one can help I woul appreciate it. I am booked on a course with te British beauty academy for semi-permanant eyelash extensions. I am now quite worried as there really is a mixed review on them. I hae absolutely no experience whatsoever so this will be my first step into the beauty industry. Any advice gladly welcomed. Thanks Emma. x

Hi please let me know how you get on as I'm very tempted to do this aswell x

I would never go on a course with British Beauty Academy

Latest posts

Back