British Standards Institute (BSI) Kitemark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Okay not the most thrilling subject, lol but one I am researching. I have gone onto google and found products such as windows and condoms having the BSI Kitemark which does not help me. Does anybody know any beauty products which carry the BSI logo?

Before anybody thinks I am asking geeks to do my homework, please let me assure you that this is not the case. I am trying to find out this information for my own curiosity only. This info is not a requirement for college and is purely voluntary on my part. I promise!

If anybody can help I would appreciate it. xx

I don't think that beauty prducts would come under the BSI kitemark, I can't think why they don't but now I think of it I don't think I've ever seen one with it on. I may well be wrong though:lol:

I don't think that beauty prducts would come under the BSI kitemark, I can't think why they don't but now I think of it I don't think I've ever seen one with it on. I may well be wrong though:lol:
Thank you fats28. I also could not find any beauty products under this logo which is why I asked as the info is mentioned in Susan Cressy's book 'Beauty Therapy Fact File'. I was trying to make the connection.

I appreciate your reply. xx

Okay not the most thrilling subject, lol but one I am researching. I have gone onto google and found products such as windows and condoms having the BSI Kitemark which does not help me. Does anybody know any beauty products which carry the BSI logo?

Before anybody thinks I am asking geeks to do my homework, please let me assure you that this is not the case. I am trying to find out this information for my own curiosity only. This info is not a requirement for college and is purely voluntary on my part. I promise!

If anybody can help I would appreciate it. xx
From what I understand the BSI only applies (in connection with beauty) to things like foot spas, facial saunas, hairdryers, curling tongs etc.

I would therefore assume that it may apply to equipment used in the permanent makeup area of beauty.

Therefore, it probably will not apply to nail enamel for example, as that does not have to be of a certain size or is unlikely to cause death like a faulty hairdryer (electrocution) or a faulty airbag failing in a car!

Again if I have understood correctly, condoms have the kite-mark as it is classed as a medical product. It is made as you will be aware of latex and one would assume that, it is kite-marked for two reasons

1 - as a contraceptive
2 - as a protection from certain infection and diseases

Kitemark®

Hths :green:

Latest posts

Back