Broken CND lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if sweetsquared keep records of our calls? I may try emailing them now. I rang them over a year ago but my lamp was out of warrenty by a month or so but had only been used for 40 which is unacceptable.

If they keep a record I can prove that I rang and spoke to someone, rather than them saying I've had it and been using it over 2 years. Xxx

Most calls are recorded these days, ask them to pull the call and give them the telephone number you called from
Makes life easier

I think sadly even 'WHEN' the new lamps arrive everyone will be understandably nervous that the problem has been fully resolve. Im really disappointed for CND S2 & myself and my business that this has happened. I had so much faith & excitement in my products & equipment from CND I think its such a blow to us all :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have watched this thread with interest and a lot of sympathy.
Samuel Sweet has posted the latest update from Sweet Squared several pages back, page 6 to be precise and it is quite clear that everything is in limbo until the UV lamps arrive by boat in USA then Sweet Squared are flying their consignment here to get them here as quickly as possible. Unfortunately it won't be for 2-3 weeks as of 23/01/13.
No amount of posts on here can change these facts, and as they are from the horses mouth they are the accurate up to date facts.

Regarding warranties, it is standard that warranties are measured in time, not useage.
If an electrical appliance broke down after its 1 year warranty, I would not consider contacting the company to say...but I've only used it twice, I would just pay for the repair.

It's a pain, but that is the way warranties work.

Maybe this threads purpose is just for people affected by the faulty lamps to have a vent, however it needs to remain factual and reasonable, and I see no need for private correspondence between individuals and the company concerned being posted here.
If anything no company would make a discretionary waiver of the warranty knowing all the details would be posted on the Internet, opening the floodgates for all manner of claims....after all if you do it for one..........!

I know the situation is impacting on businesses, but unfortunately nothing can be done on here to change the current situation.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390830567.867346.jpg

Seriously hope this delivery doesn't take much longer x

In other words, tough.
Either stop work for the next few weeks, or go buy another system, SS won't assist you. The fact you bought a dodgy lamp is just bad luck on your part.

I'm really really glad I don't run my companies like that. The only 'love and respect' I got was when I was handing over my debit card to them.
Like most people on here, I spent thousands with them. Full set of shellac, lamps etc, plus all their enamels as well. I even bought vinylux and faith lift. I gave them the benefit of the doubt over the top/base coat debacle. Didn't jump up and down over the vinylux fiasco either, I just waited.
After seeing the faith lift thing first hand, and now the cavalier way techs who invested in shellac are being treated, I'm sorry, but there is no way I can continue to be a supporter.

Are we HONESTLY expected to believe that NO other lamp can possibly cure shellac? Really?
You'd rather let people stop work than just admit that the system isn't as closed as claimed?
There's no other options? No other factories? Puleeze. It's just a nail lamp, it's not a MRI scanner.
My guess is that a 'new improved' lamp will come out shortly, just to hook everyone in a bit further, with dire warnings about 'insurance' on here if you don't invest....

Maybe this threads purpose is just for people affected by the faulty lamps to have a vent, however it needs to remain factual and reasonable, and I see no need for private correspondence between individuals and the company concerned being posted here.
If anything no company would make a discretionary waiver of the warranty knowing all the details would be posted on the Internet, opening the floodgates for all manner of claims....after all if you do it for one..........!

I know the situation is impacting on businesses, but unfortunately nothing can be done on here to change the current situation.

The reason I posted the communication is because S2 did not answer my question. They just side stepped it. Had they answered what I asked, I would not have posted the communication. I wanted to let people know how complaints were being dealt with, that is all.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but I don't see what I did wrong.

I think sadly even 'WHEN' the new lamps arrive everyone will be understandably nervous that the problem has been fully resolve. Im really disappointed for CND S2 & myself and my business that this has happened. I had so much faith & excitement in my products & equipment from CND I think its such a blow to us all :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a bit like finding out there's actually NO Easter bunny.:sad:

In other words, tough.
Either stop work for the next few weeks, or go buy another system, SS won't assist you. The fact you bought a dodgy lamp is just bad luck on your part.

I'm really really glad I don't run my companies like that. The only 'love and respect' I got was when I was handing over my debit card to them.
Like most people on here, I spent thousands with them. Full set of shellac, lamps etc, plus all their enamels as well. I even bought vinylux and faith lift. I gave them the benefit of the doubt over the top/base coat debacle. Didn't jump up and down over the vinylux fiasco either, I just waited.
After seeing the faith lift thing first hand, and now the cavalier way techs who invested in shellac are being treated, I'm sorry, but there is no way I can continue to be a supporter.

Are we HONESTLY expected to believe that NO other lamp can possibly cure shellac? Really?
You'd rather let people stop work than just admit that the system isn't as closed as claimed?
There's no other options? No other factories? Puleeze. It's just a nail lamp, it's not a MRI scanner.
My guess is that a 'new improved' lamp will come out shortly, just to hook everyone in a bit further, with dire warnings about 'insurance' on here if you don't invest....

They spent so much effort and time in banging on about how only THEIR lamps work with their products (including the professor on their payroll) that it would look foolish on their behalf to start back pedalling now.

They just can't do it and now have to suffer the consequences of losing loyal clients.

Ok, in the meantime, who is managing to keep going and with what brand of lamps? Think, folks, and help each other out with your findings on alternative equipment! I am pretty certain I read of someone on here working perfectly well with the NSI one - any other satisfactory findings to assist other users in these troubled times? Afraid I have no suggestions, as I only have the older, original CND lamps.

Which other lamps have been successful for you and are willing to share the knowledge here, to help fellow marooned 'Shellacers?' Be proactive in saving your businesses, if they are in trouble .....

:hug:

At least, if you find another suitable lamp it would save some of you buying into another brand of 'Power polishes/gel coatings/polishes/colour coatings' etc or whatever it's deemed politically correct to call them! x

In other words, tough.

Well said !

And again...
You have no consumer rights whatsoever.
Sweet Squared do not supply to consumers; this is a B2B transaction.
The Sale of Goods Act does not apply here. The Supply of Goods and Services Act does.

:biggrin: you are quite right which is why after re reading the article again I I sent a pm with another suggestion !

Maybe i am missing something here but surely if S2 replace a lamp that is over 2 years old even though it's only been used for 100 odd hours they are opening the floodgates for everyone that has ever had a lamp breakdown to return their lamp and say it had a fault, how can you prove that a lamp has only been used for x amount of hours? i'm not saying it's fair but if you only used your washing machine a dozen times but had it for 5 years and then tried to return it I don't think they would let you!

Quite gutting reading this thread. I am not yet trained but I was saving up to do the CND course however after reading this I think I will train with NSI and offer gelish as opposed to CND Shellac. Shame really as I was looking forward to it after people hyping them up.

Quite gutting reading this thread. I am not yet trained but I was saving up to do the CND course however after reading this I think I will train with NSI and offer gelish as opposed to CND Shellac. Shame really as I was looking forward to it after people hyping them up.

There have been some glaring failures and some spectacular upsets over the years but their products are amazing and they are usually the first to come out with new ideas and products so all in all I will stick with them, plus the fact that I've so much time and money invested.

However, this has taught me not to put all my eggs in one basket and be opened minded. Note to self, don't be blinkered!

Don't make a hasty decision based on these posts, there are some (rightly so) very angry people here. Wait till things have calmed down and then do your research to find out what's right for you.

Karaxxx

Ok, in the meantime, who is managing to keep going and with what brand of lamps? Think, folks, and help each other out with your findings on alternative equipment! I am pretty certain I read of someone on here working perfectly well with the NSI one - any other satisfactory findings to assist other users in these troubled times? Afraid I have no suggestions, as I only have the older, original CND lamps.

Which other lamps have been successful for you and are willing to share the knowledge here, to help fellow marooned 'Shellacers?' Be proactive in saving your businesses, if they are in trouble .....

:hug:

I like your style!

I have used Gelish lamps with shellac a few times with no issues. I do have CND lamp but am sometimes too lazy to get it out (plus it doesn't have a sensor so is a bit more faffy).

Yep I agree with you on the LED light, I was really thinking about Shellac, Vinylux, the Brisa lite collection, additives and probably some older products that I can't remember. All I was trying to point out was for Louise not to make a decision based on this one site, do impartial open minded research and don't be blinkered to one brand, for what ever reason - that was all.

Karaxxx

Samuel Sweet has posted the latest update from Sweet Squared several pages back, page 6 to be precise and it is quite clear that everything is in limbo until the UV lamps arrive by boat in USA then Sweet Squared are flying their consignment here to get them here as quickly as possible. Unfortunately it won't be for 2-3 weeks as of 23/01/13.
No amount of posts on here can change these facts, and as they are from the horses mouth they are the accurate up to date facts.

Regarding warranties, it is standard that warranties are measured in time, not useage.
If an electrical appliance broke down after its 1 year warranty, I would not consider contacting the company to say...but I've only used it twice, I would just pay for the repair.

It's a pain, but that is the way warranties work.

I understand what your saying but most manufacturers would replace for a known manufacturing fault. And I think that is the issue, a batch number recall should have been done or a no questions asked replacement if the known fault arose know in your machine.

My main issue was being lied to to be honest. Telling someone no one else has had any problems when anyone can find evidence to the contrary all over the internet is just plain dumb.

Maybe S2 should not have the monopoly on CND, they're customer service may improve and people would have other places to buy from when they fail to manage their stock levels sufficiently.

Maybe i am missing something here but surely if S2 replace a lamp that is over 2 years old even though it's only been used for 100 odd hours they are opening the floodgates for everyone that has ever had a lamp breakdown to return their lamp and say it had a fault, how can you prove that a lamp has only been used for x amount of hours? i'm not saying it's fair but if you only used your washing machine a dozen times but had it for 5 years and then tried to return it I don't think they would let you!

I thought they had some kind of timer on them, that's how everyone knows how many hours have been used and when to change the bulbs. Correct me ifim wrong please. :D

I thought they had some kind of timer on them, that's how everyone knows how many hours have been used and when to change the bulbs. Correct me ifim wrong please. :D

Who is to say how many times you have reset it ?
One of my lamps is at 57 hours but I have replaced the bulbs twice now therefore I have had 243 hours of use....but what would stop me from saying it had only done 43 hours?

Either way this is academic and not really on topic. Haven't you actually seen a CND lamp which seems strange when you have so much to say about this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back