Broken nails - tips advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHeartLashes

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got a pamper party tonight for an old school friend. There's only 4 of them but the host has emailed me saying she's so upset because she's snapped 2 of her nails and she had been growing them especially for me to paint them tonight.

Typically my first in-depth lesson on tips is next Tuesday! Can anyone give me any advice as to anything I can do to repair her 2 broken nails tonight. We touched upon blending last night (my tutor gave a quick demonstration on what we'll be covering next week) so I know the very basics of how to apply a tip then blend it.

If I were to do that would that give me a smooth enough surface to then put vinylux on top or would I then need to apply a thin layer of clear soak off gel before polishing?

My friend has lots and lots of girlfriends so it's important that her nails look the best they can and I'm worried that they will look a bit odd if 8 are long and 2 are short!

Any help would be appreciated xx

Hello,

I've got a pamper party tonight for an old school friend. There's only 4 of them but the host has emailed me saying she's so upset because she's snapped 2 of her nails and she had been growing them especially for me to paint them tonight.

Typically my first in-depth lesson on tips is next Tuesday! Can anyone give me any advice as to anything I can do to repair her 2 broken nails tonight. We touched upon blending last night (my tutor gave a quick demonstration on what we'll be covering next week) so I know the very basics of how to apply a tip then blend it.

If I were to do that would that give me a smooth enough surface to then put VINYLUX on top or would I then need to apply a thin layer of clear soak off gel before polishing?

My friend has lots and lots of girlfriends so it's important that her nails look the best they can and I'm worried that they will look a bit odd if 8 are long and 2 are short!

Any help would be appreciated xx

I think that unless you are practiced and experienced at blending tips you should stay away from doing them until you are. Chances are you will do more damage than necessary if you have never done them before.

I think you're right Geeg. Better to be safe than sorry :)

I agree with geeg, unfort what your thinking of doing wouldn't work anyway, you can't just glue tips on, blend and then vinylux or glue tips on and add a bit of gel, you need to know how to do it properly with all the prep, products and knowledge of building an enhancement. They won't last mores than a day or so unless you do them correctly and could do more damage.

It's unfort she's broken 2 but they'll grow and once your knowledgeable on enhancements you can sort it for her, have fun at you're pamper party and cross fingers for more future clients from it. :)

Latest posts

Back