Broken natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
Reaction score
In the last 4 days I've managed to break two nails :cry: .

On both they have split right at the bottom of the free edge, the slpits are about 1/4 of the width of the nail.

I have tried nail glue but it is crap.

I haven't learnt any of the extensions systems yet - I'm sure I've read that you can fix with a fabric overlay. What I'm wondering is, if I get myself some resin and fabric/silk from Sallys can I have a go at fixing the nails myself and if so, what do I need to buy and how do I do it?

Any help greatly appreciated.

B

Just wanted to publicly say THANK YOU :D :D :D to Carole who PM'd me a solution - how to apply fabric overlays.

Carole gave step by step instuctions via (a few, due to my lack of experience) email to fix my nails using fibreglass.

I have fixed my nails and 4 days later they are still holding - even better - no sign of lifting on my first ever attempt!!!!!

I must say I was surprised that I didn't get any replies from anyone else, given the expert knowledge that there seems to be on the site.....

Anyway, Thanks again Carole

B xx

So sorry that I didn't reply to your post, someone else had a question about this beginning of June...........
I posted a long how to with pictures to explain how it was done.................
Again I appologize and hope you are not to dissapointed with the lack of response to your post..............and promise to be a bit quicker here!!!!!
I usualy am and there is no excuse so slap me hard (please not to hard, I cry easely and then my nose runs and then Oh ......you get the picture..not a pretty one)
A little tip for you ...........pardon the pun lol
We also have a search facility here on the board and it is always good to check if a question has been posted and replied to before...............
Look under nail mending as the keywords in the search facility and you will find lots of help there............. I know it is a bit late in the day, but it might help you in the future......................................
Well done to Carole for being on the ball...........Nice one babe xxx

Bryony said:
Just wanted to publicly say THANK YOU :D :D :D to Carole who PM'd me a solution - how to apply fabric overlays.

Carole gave step by step instuctions via (a few, due to my lack of experience) email to fix my nails using fibreglass.

I have fixed my nails and 4 days later they are still holding - even better - no sign of lifting on my first ever attempt!!!!!

I must say I was surprised that I didn't get any replies from anyone else, given the expert knowledge that there seems to be on the site.....

Anyway, Thanks again Carole

B xx
nice one Carole...

Bryony said:
oh i just saw this sorry I wasn't really online around that time and only came back on this morning - but hey hun sometimes it can take updo a couple of days to get reply sometimes - the best technicians are busy running their salons so don't be upset...If you do need any further advise on Star or Fabric pm if you need to...

and well done on your first set

Thanks girls,

I did do a search first as I was sure this had come up before but obviously didn't use the right words/phrase!!

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my comment afterwards - none was intended!

B x

Bryony said:
Thanks girls,

I did do a search first as I was sure this had come up before but obviously didn't use the right words/phrase!!

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my comment afterwards - none was intended!

B x
No offence taken Hun..............
Here is to more posts from you xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back