Broken wrist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny100

Reaction score
Hi, I broke my wrist 10 weeks ago and have been left with nerve damage. This means I have very little feeling in most of my fingers and my thumb. Has anyone experienced this and iff so do you have any advice? Thanks in advance x

Remedial Massage every week and remedial exercises, every day several times a day. 10 weeks is very early in a recovery journey. Nerve damage is not the outcome, it’s where you are at this stage in your recovery, it’s not much different to saying “I’m not fit”.

Not every massage therapist is skilled in remedial massage techniques and very few are trained in remedial exercises. Very few physios are massage trained. It’s the combination in both that will give you the best outcomes.

A very experienced Jing massage therapist will be perfect, you want to ask them if they have completed their level 6 BTEC qualification and feel confident to treat you. I’m sure that there will be lots of private clinics near you - do check what experience they have in rehabbing wrist fractures for people that work with their hands.

Good luck and do your physio!!!

I feel your pain, had a carpal tunnel-like thing myself.
A friend had some nasty nerve damage and said that dry needling helped a little.
Hope this helps!

Hi there, I broke my wrist on 21st December last year and I started work tentatively 3 months later a week before we had to lockdown. If I’m totally honest it has taken nearly a year to get back to almost normal. I have had to adapt the way I do certain treatments and will have to learn to live with that😔
Keep doing your physio and don’t push it too hard xx

Remedial Massage every week and remedial exercises, every day several times a day. 10 weeks is very early in a recovery journey. Nerve damage is not the outcome, it’s where you are at this stage in your recovery, it’s not much different to saying “I’m not fit”.

Not every massage therapist is skilled in remedial massage techniques and very few are trained in remedial exercises. Very few physios are massage trained. It’s the combination in both that will give you the best outcomes.

A very experienced Jing massage therapist will be perfect, you want to ask them if they have completed their level 6 BTEC qualification and feel confident to treat you. I’m sure that there will be lots of private clinics near you - do check what experience they have in rehabbing wrist fractures for people that work with their hands.

Hi there, I broke my wrist on 21st December last year and I started work tentatively 3 months later a week before we had to lockdown. If I’m totally honest it has taken nearly a year to get back to almost normal. I have had to adapt the way I do certain treatments and will have to learn to live with that😔

Thanks for the advice it is very welcome.,:) I am now having remedial massage and deep oscillation therapy and it has really helped. I have been told I need another op to release the pressure on the nerve, hopefully then ill get the feeling back in my fingers.

Thanks, Ruthie, it's good to have a realistic expectation of how long it could take me to recover. Hope you are doing well.

I feel your pain, had a carpal tunnel-like thing myself.
A friend had some nasty nerve damage and said that dry needling helped a little.
Hope this helps!
Every bit of advice is welcome !!

Hi, I broke my wrist 10 weeks ago and have been left with nerve damage. This means I have very little feeling in most of my fingers and my thumb. Has anyone experienced this and iff so do you have any advice? Thanks in advance x

You can get support at work and with looking for work asyou are entitled to it.

My relative has similar and got accessible keyboards and programs and support for working, employment support before she found the job and they supported the company and her in making adjustments.

Latest posts

Back