Brow Henna questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzgrooverider

Reaction score
hi I learnt henna brows a few months ago and have been loving using it in salon. I use Locks Lash. Now im familiar with it I have a few questions for more advanced techs.
1- what will happen if I use hot water?
2 - what will happen if my mix is too runny?
3- can i ever henna over keratosis/ dry patches in eyebrows or is that a contraindication?
4- my henna processes in 2 or 3 minutes (even though it says to leave on for 15 minutes), do I really have to leave it on for 15 minutes?
5- why does the stain grab great on some peoples skin, but not at all on others no matter how long I leave it to process?
6- on the same client why would the right brow stain great and the left brow hardly at all?
7- is the henna still processing after its totally dried on the skin? Does applying another wet layer over top of dried henna give a better result?
8- why does the instructions say I have to apply multiple layers in the first few minutes, I find one thick layer works well

Thanks for any helpful advice :)

Shame you didnt get answers on these, some really good questions!

hi I learnt henna brows a few months ago and have been loving using it in salon. I use Locks Lash. Now im familiar with it I have a few questions for more advanced techs.
3- can i ever henna over keratosis/ dry patches in eyebrows or is that a contraindication?
4- my henna processes in 2 or 3 minutes (even though it says to leave on for 15 minutes), do I really have to leave it on for 15 minutes?
5- why does the stain grab great on some peoples skin, but not at all on others no matter how long I leave it to process?
6- on the same client why would the right brow stain great and the left brow hardly at all?
7- is the henna still processing after its totally dried on the skin? Does applying another wet layer over top of dried henna give a better result?
8- why does the instructions say I have to apply multiple layers in the first few minutes, I find one thick layer works well

Can you contact the trainer who you trained with?

Hi I hope I can help -
I’ve only ever been trained and worked with supercilium - but I’m guessing most henna would be similar.

1. if you use hot water then the pores will dilate and would speed up absorption on the skin. This would lead to a fast & uneven result and a possible skin reaction.

2. If the mix is too runny thenthe henna pigment is too diluted, again giving a lighter uneven coverage. Also it could pose a risk of running into clients eyes , or running out of the brow measure service you’ve provided making weird shaped brows.

3. I always recommend that clients use a scrub to exfoliate their brown prior to treatment. Henna pigment grabs dry skin and lasts the longest on this skin type - so you want to be sure that the client is going to be happy with the results. Use your skills to custom the treatment to the client Eg avoid or wipe off the henna sooner on a small patch of dry skin if the client still wants the treatment to go ahead once you’ve explained this.

4. The main attraction of henna brow service is that it is provides a micro blade effect without the commitment. I measure and create the perfect brow shape correcting any imbalances and then apply the henna for up to 20mins. The longer the henna sits there the more it stains the skin behind the hair to create a powder effect. This effect then lasts around two weeks behind the brow & tints the hairs 6 weeks.

5&6 - as I said earlier - a dry skin is the perfect & most long lasting result. An oily skin repels and prevents the same
Level of absorption on the skin. It’s important to thoroughly cleanse the brows with a non oily cleanser and let the brows dry before applying henna.

7 - same answer as q 4 really! the longer it’s left it is processing. No need to reapply unless your creating an ombré and are checking the fade.

8. it’s less about applying multiple layers and more about making sure you apply the henna so that it falls behind the hairs. So apply against the hair growth , dab Between the hair growth and also apply with the Hair growth - making sure to tidy the brow line with a q-tip in a little cleanser To ensure the perfect even shape.

Phew!!! Hope that helped ! 😅

Latest posts

Back